Network 2014

Started by Barry Drive, March 23, 2012, 11:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lachie

Action have been handing out brochures for network 14 and nxtbus at the major bus stations this morning. Well at least at belco.

Skitube

saw them at woden and city as well

Not only are the bus stop timetables being updated, but so are some of the holders. Stops 4585, 3166 and 3167 (Dickson and Watson Shops) have been upgraded from the blue A4 cases to the standard yellow A3s. Unfortunately outward 39s still show "City Bus Stn" as the destination. While,  technically, that is the last stop, it would be great if there was a way in HASTUS (perhaps there is?) of displaying "Watson" as far as Watson Shops, then "City Bus Stn" from there.

Same for NXTBUS (and ideally, destos). I remember Kippax being raised on the forum as a place where similar things happen since loops stop at the same stop, inward and outward - the 39 at least doesn't have that problem.

Skitube

on weekends at Cohen Street, basically every bus stopping next to platform 3 (not on platform 3, i.e. stop 959 not 4479) and all outbound journeys are shown as going to emu banks... good luck... >:D

Barry Drive

Quote from: vnguyen on August 19, 2014, 11:28:10 AM
Also why didn't ACTION put the bus stations map like the have done the past few times showing which bus departs from each platform?
New bus station maps have been posted to ACTION's website. (Although Gungahlin Bus Station seems to have been missed)

Of note is that Route 18/318 is now shown against platform 4 at Tuggeranong, so (a) the timetable is correct and (b) the weekend route departs from a different platform.

vnguyen

Does anyone know how many bus stops are going to be in Hume?

Bus 400

Quote from: Skitube on August 27, 2014, 10:04:45 PM
anybody knows if there are printed copies of the network map? the one in the booklets is very.....simplistic...
A printed network map is now available. I picked one up from a stand in the City this afternoon.

The Love Guru

Lachie

Bus books out today at major stations.  Well at least belco and gungahlin.  They look pretty good too.

Bus 400

Quote from: The Love Guru on August 29, 2014, 04:45:17 PM
2 or 3
Only one, I'll let you pick your own copy up.
I did however sneak away with 2 sets of books.  One for collection & one for my Gran/to sit drinks on so they don't mark the table. The upside to it being a book is that there are more pages.

I think Mr Guru was answering the Hume question.

lukeo25

My dad got me 4 sets of each (I'd of got them myself but that's a bit difficult because I'm in the UK) now to hunt down a network map when I return (I arrive back in Australia on Tuesday)

smitho

Some buses have already had their destos converted over to Network 14, with Comms Centre alerting drivers today (Friday) and advising them to do the best they can - ie. to still operate the scheduled Network 12 runs.

The Love Guru

Pretty much all buses will have new network destos displayed this weekend.

vnguyen

Why did they put up a bollard board on Platform 2 at the city bus station since it not being used?

The Love Guru

Call 131710 and ask them

Skitube

Quote from: smitho on August 30, 2014, 02:50:01 AM
Some buses have already had their destos converted over to Network 14, with Comms Centre alerting drivers today (Friday) and advising them to do the best they can - ie. to still operate the scheduled Network 12 runs.

saw a driver trying to put up the desto for 930, put up 93 instead... early Xmas for everyone!!!!! ;D
poor guy... :( had to give up, put up an empty desto, and use a piece of A4 sheet that was as bad as the small number on the new desto, if not better...

Quote from: vnguyen on August 30, 2014, 04:01:15 PM
Why did they put up a bollard board on Platform 2 at the city bus station since it not being used?
Not only that - there's also now an ACTION style one for Qcity at Platform 6!

Quote from: Skitube on August 30, 2014, 05:27:43 PM
saw a driver trying to put up the desto for 930, put up 93 instead... early Xmas for everyone!!!!! ;D
poor guy... :( had to give up, put up an empty desto, and use a piece of A4 sheet that was as bad as the small number on the new desto, if not better...
Probably similar for the other cancelled runs - 912, 913, 914, 915, 931 and 942 (although 940 would probably suffice). I spotted 951s heading towards the City displaying "Gungahlin", would be the same for other routes where the operating section has changed, e.g. 958 which is no longer Belc - Gung, but Gung - City.

smitho

If I was working this weekend, I'd take out a PR2 Mark 1...even if it meant a Belco shift.

King of Buses

Some buses yesterday (PR3's) were on routes 9 and 10. Interesting seeing a 9 ADFA Loop terminating at Campbell Park and a 10 Majura Park Loop heading for Belconnen. BUS.541 also has a paper desto today too. Some Belconnen MAN's (didn't see any Tuggy ones though) had new destos in action (hehe >:D). The numbers are also smaller on some runs (on the 962, but not the 900) as if they'd contracted Sydney's Mercedes O305 MKII-itis. The style was similar to something I've seen on Translink buses in Brisbane.

The PR2's also now no longer have the scrolling "Not in/Service" signs, just "Not in Service". I'll miss that  :'(.

Bus 400

Tuggeranong Depot buses are likely to updated tonight.
A couple of Belconnen Depot buses missed out on the update last night.

smitho

From a quick flip through, some gremlins appear to have found their way into the Network 14 Weekday bus book - not surprising in all of the circumstances.

Again, just from quick observation, the distinctive marketing identities of the Xpressos and of the "Green line" and "Gold line" seem to have been reduced or eliminated in the new TT. However for color coding purposes, the Xpresso routes continue to be shown as dark brown lines on the maps - but where they appear in a TT co-located with a "Blue Rapid" route (eg. 318, 718), they are shown in the same blue identity as the 300s.

Boundaries of the "Red Rapid" seem a little confusing. For example, 51, 251 and 52, 252 appear together on the same timetable in all red format, but on the accompanying map, the 51 / 251 is shown in red, the 52/252 in orange. Curious. May be intended to assist reading the map. 

Barry Drive

Not quite orange, just a lighter shade of red.

On the network map, 2 & 3 are shown in shades of gold, and 4 & 5 in green, but that is the extent of it. The "Green Line" and "Gold Line" nomenclature is dead. Expect the bollard toppers to disappear eventually.

Skitube

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 31, 2014, 02:11:00 PM
Not quite orange, just a lighter shade of red.

On the network map, 2 & 3 are shown in shades of gold, and 4 & 5 in green, but that is the extent of it. The "Green Line" and "Gold Line" nomenclature is dead. Expect the bollard toppers to disappear eventually.

saw new bollard for SB platform at Barton station, normal bollard, no toppers, with a piece of paper stuck on it with the three colours... >:(

Bus 400

Because I was bored & because I can, I've turned some of my photos into a video of what was lost with the introduction of Network 2014. I could of done better, but I wasn't that bored. But I think the first & last songs are quite fitting.
See it at  http://youtu.be/8csm9Gn0vxs

Skitube

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 31, 2014, 07:21:16 PM
Because I was bored & because I can, I've turned some of my photos into a video of what was lost with the introduction of Network 2014. I could of done better, but I wasn't that bored. But I think the first & last songs are quite fitting.
See it at  http://youtu.be/8csm9Gn0vxs

958 belconnen via harrison? gee wiz we lost that quite a while ago... :D

Bus 400

Digitally it was lost this weekend.

Skitube

The last bus of Network '12, a NB 900, has just arrived into Belconnen Depot. That's the end of network 12,  :-\ and network 14 will start with the 5:39 Rt 315 from Spence. See you all in the new network and new month!!!!

King of Buses

Into the historic collection for Network '12 Timetables...  :'(

Into the current TT boxes Network  '14 bus books and maps  :D

Did you get a pic of the last one?

smitho

Buses (new version of 319) returning to Jane Sutherland St, but not the bendy eastern portion where they used to operate until several years back. Bus stop concrete pads and signs recently completed and installed in Paperbark and Forsythe Streets.

Old bus stop poles and signs (ie. yellow pre-Nxtbus style blades) still in situ along Charterisville Ave and Handasyde St in north Conder; no pegs though. Anyone know if these streets ever served by scheduled services?....noticed recently a Flexibus sticker at one stop, suggesting that may have been the case. None of the blades have "School services only" markings. 

vnguyen

I Think Flexibus is returning to Network 14 according to the bus book where it has this service at Woden Bus Station.

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on August 31, 2014, 09:21:25 PM
Old bus stop poles and signs (ie. yellow pre-Nxtbus style blades) still in situ along Charterisville Ave and Handasyde St in north Conder; no pegs though. Anyone know if these streets ever served by scheduled services?

Back around 2005/2006 a different Route 18 serviced the parts of Banks/Conder that the 13/313 didn't. This included the top end where the 788 did & the 19/319 will now. From my recollection, I was one of the only passengers on board & it was canned not long after. But it was the perfect route to fill in my breaks between classes at college.

Quote from: vnguyen on August 31, 2014, 10:25:29 PM
I Think Flexibus is returning to Network 14 according to the bus book where it has this service at Woden Bus Station.

If Flexibus was returning, we would know about it by now. More then likely, it is the service replacing the 70 series community buses with the buses driven by SNT staff. Which is on a call up basis, so won't be on the timetables.
It is just that like the "80 Airport" stickers, some Flexibus stickers have either had the cover peel off or were just forgotten about.

vnguyen

Does the Carnegie/Captain Cook stop (3313) service 4? Even though it passes the stop. I tried catching it this morning but no data showed up NXT bus

The Love Guru

vnguyen

Called  ACTION and they said that bus stop is still used but the data have not been updated yet.

The Love Guru

There will be teething issues for the first few weeks. Quite normal with a large network change.
Late running is going to be the big issue.

Skitube

went to the arboretum today, 3 stops, three with signs saying "bus stop closed", three without showing up on SMS service, three showed up on the screen inside the bus... go figure... :(

The Love Guru

Don't post it here, call ACTION and tell them. They can't fix it if they don't know about it.

Barry Drive

^ see above. New stops have not been loaded into NXTBUS. So although the data is being sent by the buses (many of them), it can't be accessed because stop is not recognised.

Sh*t happens (or doesn't happen in this case).

smitho

FULL BUS desto display is now available in the 110 series. Handy.

Skitube

Quote from: smitho on September 01, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

yeah i saw that at woden today, but on an empty run...  :D

Bus 400

Quote from: smitho on September 01, 2014, 07:59:11 PM

Sounds like the perfect desto to display when dead running......

Snorzac

I would be interested to know what bus they used to time some of these runs because it must have had rockets attached to it!!!

Skitube

Quote from: Captain Skybed on September 01, 2014, 11:11:43 PM
I would be interested to know what bus they used to time some of these runs because it must have had rockets attached to it!!!

meanwhile with others, must've had retarder on full...

The Love Guru

Haven't found a run with too much time on it yet.
This morning was debacle with lack of vehicles, rain and a timetable that can only be described as ambitious. Late running up to 20 minutes was the norm today and won't improve.
Can see a new timetable coming in the not too distant future as the public won't stand for what is going on atm.

Bus 400

Apparently new shifts are to start on the first day of Term 1 2015.

Skitube

Not sure how many people have similar views, but I thought the 770 should've been kept, albeit altered. The idea there was right, giving people north of Chisholm a direct bus to the City during peak hours, but it was quite circuitous. I don't know how to improve it since I've only been on it once, with quite a bit of patronage. Anybody got ideas?

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 02, 2014, 12:28:55 PM
Apparently new shifts are to start on the first day of Term 1 2015.
But will they have a new timetable to go with them? (TBH, I don't hold out much hope for either, but maybe I'll be surprised.)

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Skitube on September 02, 2014, 12:55:14 PM
Not sure how many people have similar views, but I thought the 770 should've been kept, albeit altered. The idea there was right, giving people north of Chisholm a direct bus to the City during peak hours, but it was quite circuitous. I don't know how to improve it since I've only been on it once, with quite a bit of patronage. Anybody got ideas?

Part of it was covered by the 265 in the old network, covered by various routes in the new one.

To make it viable again, i would suggest it runs up Erindale/Yamba direct to the City as soon as it comes out of Fadden, or once it comes down Gaunson if the Wanniassa portion was to be kept. There was never a valid reason for the route to travel via Woden when people could use the 11, 61, 63, 64, 65, 66 or 67 depending where they lived.

Bus 400

While only relying on what I see on my drive between Kambah & Mitchell each morning & afternoon & my other sources of information. Is it just me or has peak dead running been cut?
In the past I would pass 2-3 buses heading south & 1-2 heading north in the morning & many a Tuggeranong bus heading to the City of an afternoon. But for the past few days I've only seen buses heading north on 705's & 749's.