Media Release - John Hargreaves

Started by Barry Drive, March 27, 2008, 12:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

Media Release (from ACT Government website) 26 March 2008 -

QuoteNETWORK 08 REVEALED

Minister for Territory and Municipal Services, John Hargreaves will today reveal the 2008 ACTION Network 08 final plan at ACTION?s Customer Service Office in the City Interchange.

?For the first time in 10 years, ACTION has undertaken a full review of bus services in Canberra,? said Mr Hargreaves.

?In 2007, ACTION recruited the services of an internationally recognised transport planning firm, McCormack, Rankin, Cagney to conduct a comprehensive service review and plan known as Network 08.?

?Between November 2007 and January 2008, ACTION released the proposed plan to the community for comment. The feedback received was collated and reviewed. As a result of the feedback, modifications to the plan have been made,? said Mr Hargreaves.

?I thank ACTION staff and our consultants for their hard work and I also thank Canberran?s for their patience,? said Mr Hargreaves.

?It is now time for us to reveal the complete and final plan, which I am confident is the right plan,? concluded Mr Hargreaves.

The final plan is available for viewing at all ACTION Bus Interchanges and online at www.action.act.gov.au

Barry Drive

In the article in today's Canberra Times John Hargreaves admitted he catches a bus to work about 5 times in a year. How would he know that the plan "is the right plan"? Especially when people who actually know about these things are saying that it isn't.

Irisbus Rider

He ought to hang his head in shame, he has no bloody right to be the Transport Minister in that case. What a joke.....