Buses Advertising Bus Advertising

Started by Buzz Killington, June 02, 2009, 12:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Spotted a new ad on the right of 835 this morning, advertising... bus advertising. I didn't spot the company but ACTION's is done through APN Outdoor.

Interesting also that it's somewhat shorter than a regular right-hand ad.

Snorzac

I saw a strange one this morning on a Mk I. It said 'advertising space here, call...for information.' In other advertising news the Supreme TV Master Ads are finally gone.

Buzz Killington

that's probably the one i saw, was it pink?

thank god.. the woman on that ad creeped me out

Snorzac

The add was pink...I think, wasn't on 835 though

lol

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 02, 2009, 12:37:17 PM
Spotted a new ad on the right of 835 this morning, advertising... bus advertising. I didn't spot the company but ACTION's is done through APN Outdoor.
The ad was for www.busadvertising.com.au, so maybe ACTION isn't using APN anymore.

Buzz Killington

Ah, thanks Martin. I was driving a few lanes over from 835 and was about to turn off, so i couldnt get a good look at it.

i wonder.... with a shift in advertising provider, could we see advertising on the newer fleet members at last?

Quote from: Mini Mat on June 02, 2009, 04:09:22 PM

lol

KILL IT!

Snorzac

Better or Worse?

I know...it's pretty poor

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

lol, I hope you are joking. It's Susan Boyle.

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Saw another Bus Advertising ad on the right of a Mk1 last night. This one was black i think.

Irisbus Rider

Maybe we can attribute this change of advertiser to the dissapearing ads?

Honestly, there was nothing wrong with APN, at least they were professional, 'Bus Advertising' really looks unprofessional, just look at those Supreme Master TV ads, poorly designed, and badly laid out.

Buzz Killington

but the Supreme Master TV ads have been on for ages, and were likely done through APN

Irisbus Rider

To my knowledge, APN do not offer that style of ad, whereas Bus Advertising do.

Buzz Killington

how convenient!

well then, perhaps ACTION have just forgotten to update the advertising page..

Irisbus Rider

Ha, not surprising.

It would chronologically make sense if the advertising contract changed over approximately the same time all the ads began dissapearing off the buses, 'Bus Advertising' cleaning up what APN had left them.

Snorzac

But the full backs are APN aren't they?

Irisbus Rider

Yes, actually, they are, interesting.....

After visiting APNs website, they still list ACTION as one of their clients. This is becoming very confusing.

Buzz Killington

Very strange..

Unless they're contracting two companies to handle advertising?

Snorzac

I think that what has happened is that ACTION have changed from APN to Bus Advertising however neither APN or ACTION have updated their websites. I don't really see much point in contracting 2 companies and I am pretty sure that ACTION wouldn't either.

Bus 400

I noticed this same Bus Advertsing Company on a Transborder bus this morning

Irisbus Rider

What a shame! Although, inevitable, as Deanes Buslines used 'Bus Advertising', so only natural to pass it on to Transborder.

Very sad though, Transborder in the hands of it's previous owners would never compromise image for finances.....

Buzz Killington

i just hope we dont see any ACTION buses getting around with those damn bright pink ads with "IN YOUR FACE!" slogans in white that half the deanes fleet once had.

Irisbus Rider

Crap that comprimises ACTION's public image, especially in a town of well off people, where image is more or less everything. If I were a driver, I'd avoid buses with those ads, almost embarrasing to see a bus wearing that.

Buzz Killington

*sigh*

gone are the days where every bus had an ad on every side (except the charter buses)

Bus 400

I like the full side ad on 858, as it has 3 buses lined up with different types of ads. I've probably been on another bus with this type of ad's but I never go looking on the drivers side of the bus.

Buzz Killington

What are Bus Advertising (original name for a company, btw) doing to the fleet?!

* We're now not getting any 'national' advertising campaigns
* The only ads we have are for local businesses who seem to be able to afford their ads on two or three buses, max
* They're covering up paint damage with stickers. And its very noticeable
* They're not even removing full ads. I saw 123 this arvo with a big chunk of sticker left on the top left of the rear. What, too hard to get a ladder?

It really cheapens the look of the fleet. Go crawling back to APN already and pay them what they want!

Sir Pompously

Buspak used to have the same design as Bus Advertising (The style of Supreme Master TV), which is where the original ad's I believe would have come from. They also had the Large Side (APN Call them Showcase) ad's which were on the 100.3's a while back, but now gone.

So now we have no real hope for national advertisements (National companies would see more reason to go with APN who offer a range of options, Road Billboards, Transit etc), little hope for more AOA's, and no chance of the Mega Sides (I Would love to see them on Scania's, Irisbuses and MAN's).

The cover stickers, well, I suppose they serve a good purpose however if they had Ad's on every bus those would not be needed. But time will surely see the ad numbers grow (We hope). 

One quality piece of Bus Advertising Advertising the other day was two Twin 8's put together to make to try and make a 24 Footer, this resulted in them covering over a quarter of one of the adverts. Professional.

On that note, it is good to see however more colour being brought to buses every day. It is needed for us enthusiasts whether it is to bitch, or to support the advertising (Or just remark at how we are in WIN Territory yet buses are roaming around with Channel 9 Adverts).

Bus 400

Internal bus ads have made a come back. Inside 708 (not 100% sure) & 956, there is an ad for a new Science magazine.

Irisbus Rider

Pleased to hear that, the interior of the buses are well suited to those ads. Plus, that means additional revenue for ACTION.

Busnerd

Hopefully they don't do an APN and put interior ads in CB60's and Volgrens, only to have them fall off frequently cause they don't stick to the panels. The only ACTION CB60's the ads would stick to is 362 - 373 because  they have the smooth metal panels.

Bus 400

Well one thing I've noticed in some of the Scania's is that the fare poster is starting to peel off.

Busnerd

Bus 400

Busnerd

Not really...

poster
  • noun a large printed picture or notice used for decoration or advertisement.

sticker
  • noun 1 an adhesive label or notice. 2 informal a determined or persistent person.

Therefore it is a sticker as it is an adhesive notice/advertisement.

Bus 400

The Dick Smith ad on the rear of 910 is starting to peel off & under it is what appears to be the Marcs ad.

Snorzac

Saw a Mk I going around with an advertisement for Redex this arvo

lukeo25

I saw 942 or something with a redex ad in woden 

CNG

I really what to see an AOA CNG or IRISBUS.
Action never have advertising on there buses these days, whats the problem liz?

Sir Pompously

Well you can always ask Liz, however I don't think she will reply. The company Bus Advertising is in charge of advertising on the buses. There is only so much they can do, not only with what they are given (ACTION will say which vehicles should have adverts, they are ACTION's buses afterall), but how much they are paid by a company for them to create adverts for a bus. If you look at most of the buses with adverts today, they are for local, smaller companies, not big companies like APN outdoor/Buspak attracted with national campaigns. The Scania's and MAN's, along with Irisbuses I would presume would be seen as 'to new' by ACTION to advertise on. Alot of companies look at new buses this way, and will not advertise for years on a new vehicle. ACTION has had adverts on Irisbuses (CPS rear ad) and Scania's do have adverts on the rear window from time to time.

Buzz Killington

Don't forget the ACTION/Belconnen Changes AOA that was briefly on a MAN Todd (377?)

Snorzac

smitho

I noticed today another variation on the new natural gas advertising on the gas bus roof pods - same wording as the blue text on white version ie. 'Powering ahead with natural gas - naturally' but the text is set against a black background and incorporates jets of gas flame done in blue and in green. The 'portholes' remain white. Overall effect is really good.

Buzz Killington

That sounds pretty cool.. will have to keep a lookout for it!

Snorzac

I'm currently editing a picture of that. I will get that up soon.

CNG

I saw that as well yesterday, its about time they started stickering up the gasies a bit more. They look totally awesome!