City West Services get Dedicated Platforms

Started by Bus 400, June 24, 2009, 11:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

ACTION are going back to set platforms for services out of City West. This is to allow for a smooth operation between ACTION & Deanes services.

New signs are being organized, hopefully they are bollard stops, as the old signs have been painted over lots of times & were probably half the thickness when they were installed.

Bus 400

The Platform use will be as follows:

Platform 1
830 (Deanes)

Platform 2

Now while this has been done for a better flow of buses out of City West. I have noticed a few things that would bring up a problem.

One is at 17:00 the following services depart City West-170 (standard from platform 2), 267 (standard from platform 1) & 769 (artic from platform 1).

Then at 17:05 the following services are due to depart platform 1, 732(standard), 785 (artic) & 830 (Deanes standard). Now for this one a CNG bus will be waiting at Platform 2 gettinf ready to depart on a 162 at 17:10. But surely there is a back log.

Most other services SHOULD flow freely.

*No platform numbers were altered.

Irisbus Rider

I'm glad they have finally come to their senses and decided to use these platforms. It's just such a shame the 2 and 3 aren't servicing City West, seems like such a waste.

BTW, thanks for the info TP 3000.

Bus 400

It has been almost 3 months since this was implemented & there are still no signs up. Also not every driver knows about this either, hopefully in the next shift pick these platforms are printed on the shift cards.

Buzz Killington

Email ACTION and ask them about it perhaps?

I did notice the other day while I was on a bus at City West that the platform signs were 'empty'

Barry Drive

Not sure when it happened, but City West has gone away from using set platforms (other than Deane's who still list 830 as departing from Platform 1, even though there are no actual platform numbers displayed).

As any frequent user will tell you, the place can get quite congested at times and this is not helped by the way services departing from here are scheduled.

Anyway, the article for City West has been modified.