The L J Pascoe collection: AEC Swifts

Started by Barry Drive, April 07, 2011, 10:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

Two new photos have been sent through, this time both AEC Swifts.

Quote from: L J PascoeZIB.157, a CVI bodied Swift, received an experimental colour scheme of golden yellow, arctic green roof and calypso green band in late 1972 was initially used on a trial inner city loop service that commenced on 18 December 1972.

Subsequently, in February 1973, ZIB.187, a Freighter bodied Swift, was out-shopped in a livery of orange (later referred to as yellow fire), arctic green roof and blue band.  Like 157, 187 was also used on the trial inner city service.

The photos were taken on the western side of London Circuit within minutes of each other one morning in early 1973.

Larger versions of these photos can be viewed in the Gallery.

Buzz Killington

Hmm, the stockings/socks? in photo #2 match the bus quite nicely.

People knew how to coordinate in the 70s...

p_stampy

Quote from: Buzz Killington on April 07, 2011, 05:51:56 PM
Hmm, the stockings/socks? in photo #2 match the bus quite nicely.

People knew how to coordinate in the 70s...

ahhh.. good call.

I've got green and white trackies, should I strut around while someone takes a pic?

Sir Pompously

I think with the trackies you would just blend in with a certain group of people at City Bus Interchange. Oh and while we are here, Spy Kids 3-Game Over sucks. It is really bad, and I have only seen the last 3 minutes of the ending.

Nice photos, I reckon the blue band looks better than the green though!

(p.s. When did my tagline get changed to "Train Buff"?)

Buzz Killington

The Canberra Times got in touch to advise that it was your proper title, citing a recent edition of theirs.

Quote from: Sir Pompously on April 10, 2011, 06:31:51 PMSpy Kids 3-Game Over sucks. It is really bad, and I have only seen the last 3 minutes of the ending.

??

Sir Pompously

lol, Thanks. As for "??" Waiting for Fawlty Towers to start on 7Two and caught the tail end of that movie as I was typing. Craptacular.