Bus 670 - circa 1991 - Belconnen Interchange Layover

Started by mikey1972, June 09, 2012, 05:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey1972

All these pics were taken around 1991 - I have many others and will post them as time permits.

Buzz Killington

Those are great shots Mikey, thankyou for taking the time to post them!

Didn't know that it had the Merc badge on the back. Was this standard with the O.305's?

Looking forward to seeing any other photos you have :)

mikey1972

Yes thats right - when the Mercs were delivered new - they all had a badge on the back. After the "refurbishment" which was undertaken by the then Rosmary Follett (first ACT Chief Minister) - those badges were never put back onto the buses. Just as the heater in the front of the Mercs (inside the front of the buses) were originally a grey colour - all those were repainted black - I'll upload some examples of those when I find the negs!!

Buzz Killington

I suppose by taking the rear badges off they had a nice supply to replace those missing on the front. Just had a look through the O.305 pics I have on file and did find two in which the rear badge was visible - just hadn't noticed them before I guess.

mikey1972

You know in those days they had LOTS of spare parts at Belconnen Depot - and I never saw those rear badges (which were much smaller) ever again after they were removed from the back - they seemed more concerned about having space for all over the back advertising on the buses than they were of preserving the original condition of the buses themselves!