New bus stops confuse commuters

Started by Bus 400, May 27, 2009, 09:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Quote from: ABC News
New bus stops confuse commuters
Posted 8 hours 13 minutes ago

ACT Chief Minister Jon Stanhope says bus services have been running reasonably well in Belconnen following the closure of the bus interchange.
There have been reports that some people have been disoriented and frustrated by the closure.
The interchange has been replaced by three new bus stops.
Mr Stanhope says there has been some confusion but that the Government did everything it could to inform people about the changes.
"Of course there's been some frustration we understand that and we understand the source of that but we'd ask for some patience as people get used to the system," he said.
"At the end of the day as we transition through we will have in Belconnen the best interchange arrangements in the ACT."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05/27/2582176.htm

Irisbus Rider

If they're that ignorant to all the information avaliable to them, then they deserve to miss their bus and wait an hour in the cold. Honestly, ACTION has done so much to publicise the changes, there's not more that they could have done.

Busnerd

Bus 400

The other problem is that some bus drivers need training in working in bus stations. I have noticed quite a on Lathlain Street Bus Station stop at the platforms closer to the Westfield Entrance, rather then the set platform for their bus route. So when those passengers caught that same bus route, they bitch & moan to the driver about having to walk over. When if each driver set up/picked up in their set bay, the public would soon learn.

But while not giving away too much detail, there are some in control (within TAMS), that have no idea where some of the bus stations are.

Irisbus Rider

Even an AOA, that's right! And the people still have no idea!

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 27, 2009, 10:51:41 PM
But while not giving away too much detail, there are some in control (within TAMS), that have no idea where some of the bus stations are.
That's always been the case, relating to more isues han the bus stations.
But you're right, on a 7 the other day, the driver drops off at the first bus stop on Lathlain St, departs, and someone presses the bell! The driver then has to stop at the next bus stop. It's simply ridiculous, that people are unable to walk a few extra metres!

Snorzac

The problem is atm with the platforms is that a lot of drivers see the I on the information bollard as a 1, which would be why they are pulling up where they are not supposed too. This has been raised with OH&S rep by me and a few other drivers.

Bus 400

Also the original bus stop still being on Lathlain Street & having passengers flagging drivers down from that stop has been pointed out to Belconnen Supervisors.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Mini Mat on May 27, 2009, 11:00:53 PM
The problem is atm with the platforms is that a lot of drivers see the I on the information bollard as a 1, which would be why they are pulling up where they are not supposed too. This has been raised with OH&S rep by me and a few other drivers.
The only problem with that is the information circle should be the stardard blue with White i, not green!