50 Year Public Transport Plan

Started by Bus 400, March 27, 2009, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Has anyone had the idea to think up there own plan for public transport? As I have decided to start on my own & see what ACTION Official actually think of it? Or would it be a waste of time? If so why?

So far the ACT Governments plan goes to 2020, while mine would go to 2060. Which is partly hard as I don't know how big Canberra will be then.

I'll be up for any points & as I complete stages I'll post them.

Irisbus Rider

Waste of time, Governments never look more than 10 years in advance, because, realistically, that is their political term. Long term projects never get initiated because the credit usually gets taken by the opposition when they get in power.

But, my 50 year transport plan;
Construct an extensive T-Way network within the seperate town centres, while connecting them together, with Light Rail Line between the Airport and Gungahlin (Via the City, Russell, Northbourne Av and EPIC).

Bus 400

I am heading that way. With tram ways connecting most main shopping centres (including Lanyon, Erindale, Weston Creek, Kippax, etc). With bus services connecting in between.
My big problem is working out where they are building after Molonglo. That is besides industrial in East ACT. I suspect they may change their mind & expand Lanyon Valley, but that is only a guess.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on March 28, 2009, 04:56:49 PM
My big problem is working out where they are building after Molonglo. .

..We already know that. It's Kowen.

Bus 400

But isn't it industrial out east?

Irisbus Rider

From what I gather, it will be similar to all of the other Town Centres, i.e. Belconnen, Gungahlin, Molonglo, but not as large. It may have an industrial area in it, but it would be contained to one suburb. Canberra has little demand for such a large industrial area.