359 on Summerland Cct
0 (0%)
949 at Phillip/Majura Aves
1 (6.7%)
367 on Marcus Clarke St
3 (20%)
ex-615 at Westwide Charters
3 (20%)
ex-237 on Ainslie Ave (Canberra Explorer)
4 (26.7%)
ex-493 at Albury (Mylon Motorways)
8 (53.3%)
Breakdown in heavy fog
5 (33.3%)
On one of Jeff's scenic tour diversions
6 (40%)
ex-835 on Aikman Dr
4 (26.7%)
452 on Hibberson St
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: September 30, 2011, 09:12:32 PM

Barry Drive

Mid way through the month means it's time to open nominations for Photo of the Month. You may submit 2 photographs for consideration by fellow forum members.

Nominations will close on Friday 23 September.

Trying something new this month: nominations can be made via the ACTBus Facebook page for non-forum members.

route56

A few photos from Sydney earlier this year.

Bus 400

Bus 451 zooming down College Street in Bruce.

Bus 359 going past my bus stop on Summerland Circuit in Kambah.

Poor old Route 2 has faced a lot in the Inner North of late: roadworks at Phillip & Majura Aves, speed hump diversions at Hackett Shops, installation of new traffic signals on Antill St at ACU and a lot of peak traffic congestion. And today, the Mitchell fire, which caused the whole northern half of the route to be cancelled for a time.

Bus 949 is seen at the Phillip & Majura Aves intersection this morning on a Dickson-bound 2. It was the first bus I'd seen enter Hackett all morning, and it did so at around 8.10am, about half an hour after the all clear was given to people outside of Mitchell itself.

Barry Drive

My first (and possibly only) submission:

Marcus Clarke St by ACT Bus spotter, on Flickr

Bus 367 on Marcus Clarke St the week before the stop closed.

Barry Drive

The first facebook submission is from Johnny Knight. Ex-ACTION 615 (Mercedes O.305G) operating for Westwide at Joondalup Arena.

AOQ951

Here are my two enteries. Blasts from the Past :) These are very early shots of mine.

The first is of Murray's Coaches MO72 (ACT) as a Canberra Explorer. It was Ex ACTION 237 and is a Volvo B58.

The second is of Mylon Motorways (63) MO2361 (NSW) still sporting its ACTION livery. It was Ex ACTION 493 and is a MAN SL200.
Cheers
AOQ951

Bus 400

Quote from: AOQ951 on September 17, 2011, 04:46:50 PMThe first is of Murray's Coaches MO72 (ACT) as a Canberra Explorer. It was Ex ACTION 237 and is a Volvo B58.

Out of interest where was that shot taken? To me it looks like Ainslie Avenue before the Canberra Centre built on top of it.

AOQ951

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 17, 2011, 07:07:36 PM
Out of interest where was that shot taken? To me it looks like Ainslie Avenue before the Canberra Centre built on top of it.

I think you are right. I reckon I'm standing in Ainslie Ave and the lights in the distance is Ballumbir Street. The building (Flats) in the distance is Currong Appartments. I'm happy to be corrected as that area has change alot around the Canberra Centre. I'm taking a stab and saying this was taken about 1995-6, but I could be way off.

AOQ951  8)

The Love Guru

Quote from: AOQ951 on September 17, 2011, 09:58:34 PM
I think you are right. I reckon I'm standing in Ainslie Ave and the lights in the distance is Ballumbir Street. The building (Flats) in the distance is Currong Appartments. I'm happy to be corrected as that area has change alot around the Canberra Centre. I'm taking a stab and saying this was taken about 1995-6, but I could be way off.

AOQ951  8)

You are spot on. I recall with great detail the "outdoor' escelator as seen in your photo. It is now indoors opposite target.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: AOQ951 on September 17, 2011, 04:46:50 PM
Here are my two enteries. Blasts from the Past :) These are very early shots of mine.

Hoping that you've got some ACTION photos from that era too? :)

Barry Drive

Two more facebook entries. From John Rybka, taken from the first trek across the Nullarbor.

"Break down in heavy fog"

"On one of Jeff's scenic tour diversions"

Snorzac

My nominations will be in about 1530

Edit 1540: As I just got a new computer I am downloading editing sofware, will post soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzz Killington

Voting is open - a great selection this month.

Buzz Killington

One day to go and we currently have a tie. If you haven't voted, now's the time to do it.

Barry Drive

Currently a two-way tie. If still tied at close of voting, a 24 hour vote-off will be held.

Buzz Killington

Hot dog, we have a wiener!

Congrats to AOQ951 on what I believe is his second win.

AOQ951

:mono:

Thank You Everyone for posting their photos again and for those who voted this month. The photos were once again very good and were very interesting :)

Cheers
AOQ951  8)