Cooma Monaro Railway

Started by Sir Pompously, June 06, 2009, 09:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

I Visited, once again, The Cooma Monaro Railway which runs between Cooma and Chakola on a 'disused' section of the Bombala Branch Line. I Travelled with two Railpage members along the line, and was able to visit the sheds in the yard.

Gone are the days of candy liveried DEB Set's delivering passengers to Cooma and it's inbetween stations, now day's it is a small group of CPH Railmotors and volunteers who maintain and run the small section of track which was closed during the SRA Days. The line is blocked to the north by a bridge at Chakola over the Numeralla River which is serverly damaged, and would cost hundred's of thousands to repair. To the south of Cooma the line is not in a fit state to operate a train service.

1pm Bunyan Service

CPH 22 heads down into Cooma Yard

CPH 22 is crossing with the aid of a CMR Staff Member at Snowy Jnct

2pm Chakola Service

CPH 22 is seen at Chakola

CPH 22's Refreshment Stand

A View of Chakola out of the CPH Railmotors windows

A View of me in the half cab of the Railmotor, tanken by my friend Trent

Cooma Yard

A View of CPH 22 through the windows of the Shed

An overview of the yard and signalling. Cooma Yard is intact and in working order

CPH 8 is currently under restoration

A View of the wooden panelling and stickering onboard CPH 22

For more photos, please visit the set Cooma Monaro Railway on my Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/kommissar_todd06/sets/72157619318512582/

lukeo25

I've been on that service twice and i enjoy it every time and when i get back to cooma station i have look through the old railway magazines they have to see if they have any from england for my collection and if they do i get about 10

Buzz Killington

Some very interesting photos Todd