ACTION's Newest Additions Part I (11 Photo's)

Started by Bus 400, March 23, 2010, 07:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

BUS 465 @ Tuggeranong Depot

BUS 416 @ Tuggeranong Depot

For a different style of shot (for me at least), this is taken from Reed Street South through Tuggeranong Workshop. Going by the shot Bus 465 is slightly taller then Bus 416

BUS 405 On London Circuit City

Irisbus Rider

Excellent photos.
And I love the look of the Evo II bodies without bike racks, thank goodness the 14.5s won't be getting them!

Yeah, the Scanias will be taller than the MANs due to the way the Scania engine is mounted, which takes up more room in the rear of the vehicle. So, the roof needs to be taller to provide adequate headroom in the rear of the vehicle. Plus it looks taller just due to the uneven surface of where the vehicle is parked.

Sir Pompously

Yeah noticed 465 at Tuggeranong yesterday, took another drive around to confirm the number howeevr plum forgot about it by the time I got home.

Snorzac

LOL! 490 is in the workshops again, seems it will spend most of it's time there.

Bus 400

Bus 417-Woden Depot

Bus 418-Woden Depot

Busnerd

Now that we have three depots again I wish we had some ACTION runplates with shift numbers and either T, B or W on them :) the Veolia style gunmetal grey and white writing would look nice.

Bus 400

Bus 422-Woden Depot

Buzz Killington

That's actually quite a decent shot of 422, under the circumstances.

Busnerd

They look so good without the signwriting on the roof

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz KillingtonThat's actually quite a decent shot of 422, under the circumstances.
After looking at my previous posts at Woden Depot, the photo of bus 422 doesvlook the best. I'll post a photo of 'Matilda' with similar photo colouring soon.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Busn00b on May 02, 2010, 05:49:56 PM
They look so good without the signwriting on the roof
Wait, I was under the impression that those stickers were applied at CC in Adelaide, does this mean that buses from 422 onwards will lack the text between the window and roof, or am I mistaken, and is the text applied here in Canberra?

Buzz Killington

The photo of 464 in Adelaide would indicate that all decals are applied by CC.

Barry Drive

The contract states:

QuoteACTION to provide fleet mural decals and instructions for fittng by Bodybuilder. 

Basically, some come with decals, some don't.

Irisbus Rider

Ah, ok, thanks for the information there Martin.

I personally would prefer the bus lacked those decals, it leaves the bus looking a lot 'cleaner', free of clutter in the form of text.

Bus 400

BUS 423-Woden Depot (NOTE: Previous phot of Bus 423 was removed since this one covers more of the bus)

BUS 415-Woden Depot

BUS 420-Woden Depot

BUS 468-Woden Depot