shift cards

Started by CNG, November 30, 2009, 05:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNG

do floater drivers remain at the same depot, yet do they change shifts every week or day

Snorzac

they remain at the same depot and they change shifts usually every week however they may get the same shift for a few weeks.

CNG

I was interested in becoming an action driver in the near future and was woundering what depot I would most likley be situated at? I live in the Red Hill area 

belcodriver

Not sure what this has to do with shift cards.

When you start with ACTION you get sent to whichever depot needs you irrespective of where you live/what you want. However you can expect to get sent to your preferred depot within 3 months. Although that's no guarantee that you won't get sent back sometime.

CNG

I was woundering do the drivers of the special needs buses do the usually shifts during the day?

belcodriver

Quote from: rolfe on December 01, 2009, 08:02:59 PM
I was woundering do the drivers of the special needs buses do the usually shifts during the day?

If you ask your question again in English I'm sure someone will try and answer it for you.

CNG

sorry!! for matter of fact I can speak and write very good english thanks. 
I was interested do the drivers who complete the runs in the special needs buses during the morning and afternoon, do normal routes during the rest of the day, for example a 17 in a 100.2 and a 10 in a dart?

Snorzac

Irisbus Rider

From what I have gathered, the drivers of the special needs buses are drivers solely of the special needs buses, as they require special training.

I recall, one weekend, a special needs bus was sighted operating a 38. I believe the driver was special needs driver, as ACTION were unable to find enough drivers of 'regular buses'. I'm completely open to correction there.

And, I also recall certain Flexibus rutes were operated using a Rosa, I was wondering if anyone knew whether these drivers were drivers of special needs buses or 'regular' ACTION bus drivers?

CNG

so what do the special needs bus drivers do during the day, when they are not operating there rounds

CNG

I was also interested in knowing dose anyone have a copy of an action shift card which they could post for me?

belcodriver

SNT drivers do not in the course of a normal day drive commuter buses. However those SNT drivers who possess an MR or higher licence are eligible to be trained as casual commuter drivers and there are currently at least 2 SNT drivers who work evenings/weekends.

In the past when they've been desperate for weekend drivers they've covered shifts with SNT drivers in SNT buses. Haven't seen it for a few years though.

The 955 and 956 flexibuses (West and East Gungahlin respectively) were operated  by regular ACTION drivers. I think there were 2 Rosas on Tuggy Flexis as well but I can't remember which runs. The SNT drivers who drove those Rosas during the day got an extra half hours pay/day to take the SNT gear (soft toys for the kids, first aid kit etc) and the validators/wayfarers in and out.

The fulltime SNT drivers don't do very much during the day now they've lost a fair bit of their work to Keir's. The odd special needs charter I believe. Needless to say there will be no more fulltime SNT drivers hired.

Busnerd

The 960 Was operated by a ROSA, but sometimes got a dart on a friday night.

CNG

I was interested do drivers working on weekend shifts, operate from the same shift every weekend or do the weekend shift cards change between drivers each weekend?
Also do some drivers who operate weekday shifts from a particular depot, change and operate weekend shifts from a different depot. For example a driver is bassed at belconen depot during the week, however during weekends they are bassed at tuggers depot.

smitho

Drivers who work on weekends generally do a different shift (or 'detail') each weekend....makes life interesting! They nearly always operate their weekend details from their home depot. It is very rare to operate away from your home depot, but it can happen when a depot can't muster enough of its own drivers.
In answer to your earlier query, there are several SNT drivers and at least one refueller at Tuggeranong who also drive commuter buses - mainly at weekends from what I can tell. I think there are the odd workshop people who also pitch in as drivers as required.

CNG

Thanks, because a couple of years ago when I was on the 904 to kippax we had a female driver and she said that she was usually bassed and  drove around southside. Most likley and probally meaning that she was a tuggers bassed driver. However that weekend she was driving from belco depot.

Barry Drive

Quote from: rolfe on December 20, 2009, 06:14:33 AM
However that weekend she was driving from belco depot.
Did she tell you that she was driving from Belconnen Depot? Was she driving a Belconnen depot bus? Or did you assume this because it was a Belconnen route?

CNG

I am certain that she was driving from belconen depot and any way it was a couple of years ago so my memory obviously is not as clear, I cant just remember word for word.

CNG

I was interested my normal afternoon school bus driver on the 494 tends to drive for a period of two weeks and then after the two weeks are up he is off for a couple of weeks. Then he drives for another two weeks and the process continues. This has occured ever since the last shift spill.

Also a school bus that goes past in the morning. Two drivers tend to drive it, changing each week, between them two. What is with this? 

CNG

when is the next shift spill?

belcodriver

Latest rumours about the next spill are Sep/Oct.

There are a fair few shifts that are known as 5 day/5 night shifts. These are fulltime shifts where the drivers alternate between a day shift and a night shift every week. If you had a bus that alternated drivers every 2 weeks its possible that the drivers involved had agreed to this rather than the normal rotation.

Sometimes weekend shifts from one depot will be operated by a bus and driver from the other depot.

smitho

Sep/Oct is what I've heard too...

CNG

when is the depit at woden going to reopen? The prmesis are still vacant and no buses can be seen

Snorzac

1. What does this have to do with shift cards?
2. the answer has been posted on this forum at least twice, try reading it!!

CNG

No need to get rude about it!

Buzz Killington

There's a thread on Woden Depot here: http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=1673.new#new

Meanwhile, I think this thread has run its course.