Time to 'refresh' the ACTION livery

Started by smitho, February 07, 2012, 10:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

With the delivery of the first batch of Scania artics not far off now, is it time to 'refresh' the ACTION livery? Worth considering...

Merv319

I reckon it'll be in MyWay livery, if they really refresh it.

smitho

I wouldn't mind seeing the front of the buses painted in the Renault style tangerine livery, with the 'smile lines' picking on the front up the green and white (currently the smile lines on the green buses are tangerine & white). The remainder of the bus could remain as is.

Tangerine is a far more 'visible' color than the green.

I reckon something needs to be done with the ACTION logo and the word 'ACTION'. Against the white background, it looks too i*****d. Going for a darker shade of green, or even reverting to the old navy color, would be an improvement.

Sir Pompously

Dark blue and yellow, the colours of the ACT, would be appropriate for any future livery for ACTION. Green and poo brown just does not look good. Never really warmed up to the new livery, one which is now fading terribly on older vehicles.

smitho

Quote from: Sir Pompously on February 08, 2012, 06:50:53 PM
Dark blue and yellow, the colours of the ACT, would be appropriate for any future livery for ACTION. Green and poo brown just does not look good. Never really warmed up to the new livery, one which is now fading terribly on older vehicles.

A set of blue and yekllow buses would be an appropriate way to mark next year's centennary.

Buzz Killington

Agreed - whilst a livery change might be a bit unlikely, it would be great if they had even just the one bus painted in blue and yellow, or even one in maroon and buff :)

Quote from: Sir Pompously on February 08, 2012, 06:50:53 PMNever really warmed up to the new livery, one which is now fading terribly on older vehicles.

I'm not a huge fan either. Looks nice at first but it's faded badly - the orange and blue livery still looks good after all these years though.

Busnerd

I've always agreed with Todd's idea, whilst the buses might look a bit like Brisbanes Council buses, blue and yellow are the Territories colours and would great on a vehicle in the correct livery!