ACTION radio

Started by Goldstar, October 23, 2009, 06:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldstar

Just curious, does ACTION use a radio system that can be picked up on amateur scanners - if so, at what frequency does it operate?

Cheers

Goldstar

Bus 400

From what I've heard ACTION haven't had digital locks placed on the radios. But this will change as others TAMS vehicles are being upgraded & in the next 12 months ACTION is due for a new radio system-most likely digital. I'll see if I can sneak any info out of the guys currently upgrading TAMS/ESA radios.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 24, 2009, 01:44:52 AM
From what I've heard ACTION haven't had digital locks placed on the radios. But this will change as others TAMS vehicles are being upgraded & in the next 12 months ACTION is due for a new radio system-most likely digital. I'll see if I can sneak any info out of the guys currently upgrading TAMS/ESA radios.

You don't read posts made by other users do you?? Or is it that it just doesn't sink in??

As stated in another thread, ACTION does NOT use a standard radio setup. You can not tune into the radio network using a scanner, the system does not work like that. When the old system was in place the radio frequencys were open and available to be listened to. ACTION already have a digital radio network and have done for quite a while now. It is all tied together with the GPS system, as not only does it handle radio communications, it also sends data ie GPS, Sign on/off of drivers in the bus etc. The system has the capability to provide real time information on pretty much every thing going on mechanically with the bus, however this function is not enabled at this time. The units were also planned to be used with the smartcard system, however i haven't been told if this will be the case or not.

Goldstar

Oh ok, thanks for the info...

Buzz Killington

Bit of a shame really, I'm sure many here would love to listen into the scanner..!

Bus 400

Just sit in th gunzel seat of a bus. You can hear most messages clear enough.

Buzz Killington

...I was talking about listening from home..