General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

They are on the ACTION Kangaroo.

Only joking, what I mean is that they can do a scanning motion & do not have a set view.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on July 21, 2009, 09:07:33 PM
As everyone may/should be aware of, one of the new southbound lanes on Drakeford Drive opened today in Gordon/Calwell. Well this caused huge traffic delays as traffic has to form one lane before the Woodcock Dr/Johnson Dr roundabout. I was on a peak service 318 South & it took 30 minutes for the bus to get from Tuggeranong Interchange to Covenant College.

I wondered why it was so banked up last night when i went past on Isabella/Athllon

lukeo25

beasley st at farrer side of road ad shel was all smashed, noted when i went past driver called base and they said they will sort it out     

Snorzac

ACTION are not having a good afternoon:
-313 left over 10 minutes early
-Northbound 312 and a Southbound 318 both broke down
-Supervisors were slow when I requested them about the 313, a driver tried to help me out and was yelled at by the radio room)
-and 314 owned a ute on Cohen street. Didn't see the front of the bus but the rear of the ute wasn't pretty

Buzz Killington

322 was sounding very sick in City Interchange this arvo, making some very clunky sounds as it moved along.

lukeo25

i noticed that also when i was on it coming home from college, it didn't sound to good

Sir Pompously

I beleive there was also an accident with 899 on Commonweatlh Ave. I heard it over the Radiola, so not sure if it was an accident or break down, however they were requesting buses to pull up and take passengers to Civic.

Bus 400

I heard that as well over the radio, I suspect it was an accident as they were telling drivers to be careful & for breakdowns you rarely here that. It sounded like it was near where that carpark entry/exit is on the northside of Lake Burley Griffin.

I mentioned earlier about the cameras at Tuggeranong Interchange, well for the first time I walked up near the top end of the Interchange & the system looks wonderful. On the bar that had the other cameras are another 5/6 each facing the main corridors of the Interchange on both sides of the bar. I just hope that they are like the digital camera at Woden Interchange. For those that don't know about the camera. It is situated above the old shop at Platform 16. Now this camera can zoom in & see who is driving a northbound Intertown service on Platform 9 (in that gap before the shelter).

Sir Pompously

It was opposite Commonwealth Park, although they said Floriade. Why Floriade when it is an event that is not currently on I don't know....

Barry Drive

Yes it was an accident. 899 has a smashed headlight and damage to the bumper near the front door.

Bus 400

Does anyone know how long before insurers might write off a bus? I ask this as 155 is still sitting at the back of Tuggeranong Workshop with the same damage. As far as I know Belconnen Workshop does the bodywork repairs, so after a month I would of thought it would of been sent up there unless the best thing might happen & it might get written off. It is all just speculation on my part, but as I swung past there tonight, it looked like panels were missing from the front right as well. But didn't trust getting out of my car at night to have a closer look.

Bus 400

155 has disappeared from Tuggeranong Workshop

Snorzac

It is now at the back of Belconnen workshops along with 375 which would also be there having some panel damage fixed.

I am pretty sure that they will repair 155 (after all they are repairing 148), but then again there may be some damage that is not visible and it may be written off. At this stage it is probably a bit to early to tell.

Bus 400

I suppose ACTION were just waiting for the insurance company's answer.

I had the perfect example of why rear vision mirrors on buses need to be set properly. I was heading along Athllon Drive with 357 by my side, as we approach the Beasley Street (south) traffic lights, the driver thinks there is no one along side him & indicates & moves over. But I was just behind the side indicator. He did spot me & moved back while I slowed down a bit & flashed for him to come in. He at the lights he waves to me & fixes the mirror. I let him in after the lights & stay behind me. I knew there was no reason to blast the horn as it wasn't really his fault & he probably knows my car anyway.

Busnerd

They are hardly rear vision mirrors as they don't show the rear they show your near and offsides.

The drivers SHOULD be setting up their mirrors for only them, how they like them and how they can see everything. Perhaps he just took the bus and didn't bother setting them up for himself.

The Love Guru

Quote from: TP 3000 on July 29, 2009, 06:56:38 PM
I suppose ACTION were just waiting for the insurance company's answer.

I had the perfect example of why rear vision mirrors on buses need to be set properly. I was heading along Athllon Drive with 357 by my side, as we approach the Beasley Street (south) traffic lights, the driver thinks there is no one along side him & indicates & moves over. But I was just behind the side indicator. He did spot me & moved back while I slowed down a bit & flashed for him to come in. He at the lights he waves to me & fixes the mirror. I let him in after the lights & stay behind me. I knew there was no reason to blast the horn as it wasn't really his fault & he probably knows my car anyway.

Typical bloody camry driver sitting right in the blind spot!

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Chris_Guru on July 30, 2009, 12:18:26 AM
Typical bloody camry driver sitting right in the blind spot!
Excuse me, don't let one bad Camry driver tarnish the reputation of others!

Quote from: TP 3000 on July 29, 2009, 06:56:38 PM
he probably knows my car anyway.
Yes, I'm sure all 800 of ACTIONs employees know your Red Camry  ::)
Anyway, don't sit in the blind spot, you're just asking for trouble there, simple as that.

Buzz Killington

saw a mk2 earlier with most of the nrma ad on it's right hand side ripped off, looked pretty funny.

also saw a mk1 tonight heading down woodcock as I turned into Clare Dennis ave. it then turned left into preddey way and then left into Clare Dennis. had "special" on the destk.

Snorzac

The Supreme TV Master lady is back!!!

There is an ad with her on it that says 'Go Veg' and has the Supreme TV Master website on it.

Only bus I have seen with it is 958 so lets hope it stays to a small number.

Sir Pompously

Kill me now, it is just as bad as the 'Thats Vitality' AOA and that is possibly the worst in the fleet.

Has migrated onto a few vehicles seen this morning, including Megabacks.

I am also going to take a punt and say that this is now all Bus Advertising's work. Seeing as though ad's have been disappearing thick and fast. Also noticed Ad Space has been patched over by plain Blue or Orange stickers, obviously to cover marks left by previous ad's. This is on a fair few vehicles judging by what was seen at City West. 

One wonders now with BA doing the work, what will happen to the AOA buses done by APN Outdoor? Their time may be short lived.

Snorzac

At least they have taken/are in the process of taking the 'missing person's week 2008' ads are off.

Sir Pompously

Lol, well seeing that only a month or two ago buses were still going out with ad's for the launch of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows......

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Sir Pompously on August 04, 2009, 06:28:09 PM
One wonders now with BA doing the work, what will happen to the AOA buses done by APN Outdoor? Their time may be short lived.

Could explain why 880 is still getting around in the iiNet AOA.

BA are crap. Looks like the end of 'national' campaigns, and we'll just have a couple of buses running around with ads for adventure frigging paintball.

Irisbus Rider

What a day;

-Some school kid tool sitting in the rear stairwell got his foot caught in the door after the driver opened it on a packed bus today
- Some bogan asked to use my phone, I enlightened him that there is not a public phone shortage around the world
- Worst of all, I got on my 45 home, and I sit in front of a SFX girl, with her friend sitting across the aisle. As soon as the bus leaves Cameron Av, the girl across the aisle from me begins graffitting the seat. I ask her to refrain from doing so. She gives me a dirty look.
As the trip continues, I continue smelling texta, and become somewhat suspiscious. Upon getting off, the girls are giggling, so I look at the seat directly behind me where one of the girls was sitting to find it covered in texta graffiti. Farken pathetic, seriously, I'm sick of scum on public transport. So frustrating!

Snorzac

Well on the school run I went on with a driver today we got pulled over by a car that had just had an apple come dent there car, and believe it or not it came from the bus. SFX ARE NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Filling out that paperwork was a pain in the arse, that's for sure. I can also tell you that they will examine the camera footage. So who ever it was that threw the apple, they will get caught.

Snorzac

Busnerd

John, if a student from a school was graffiti-ing the bus, let ACTION know what bus and time it was. Also notify SFX and tell them an official complaint has been made against one of their students with ACTION who will be investigating the incident.

The good thing about people like us is...I see us as Vigilantes for doing right things. Just like me and everyone else punish people for doing stupid things. Bad drivers get nothing but their own medicine (Car drivers). I purposely set out to ruin these people. So please do so John, do everything you can to get these people caught.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: MaxiZac on August 07, 2009, 11:59:46 PM
John, if a student from a school was graffiti-ing the bus, let ACTION know what bus and time it was. Also notify SFX and tell them an official complaint has been made against one of their students with ACTION who will be investigating the incident.
Yeah, I notified the driver when I got off, whilst he was concerned and frustrated, he made it clear that he wasn't going to pursue it.

The most frustrating thing was that I was sitting in front of the girl doing most of the graffitiing, blocking her and all of her actions from the view of the security camera.

But yeah, I think I might contact the school, didn't think of that.

Snorzac

I hope that no buses needed towing today because the tow truck is currently being worked on in the Belconnen workshops.

(Being not been, Zac! Currently Being is present, been or has been is past, will be is future)

Bus 400

Is it possible for any other vechiles to tow broken down buses? For example could a Renault tow a Dart? Or anything other ACTION vechiles?

Irisbus Rider

For the last time, it is spelt Vehicle!

It seems near impossible, as the other bus under tow would not be properly secured in any way. A chain tow isn't very legal.

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: TP 3000 on August 12, 2009, 09:37:38 AM
Is it possible for any other vechiles to tow broken down buses? For example could a Renault tow a Dart? Or anything other ACTION vechiles?

It is possible,Yet Im not sure on how legal it would be, But also with that scenario you need 2 drivers. one in the front and one in the back bus.

How did the Matenance crew get there in the first place? ACTION Dont have enough buses to be able to take

• The "Dead" Bus out of service
  • Another bus to tow The dead bus back
  • And yet another bus for the driver of said "dead" bus

theres to much cost in doing so. Just add it to the list of buses the crew have to recover.

Why cant a Dart tow a 180.2? ;D (Its beside the point the dart has enough trouble Pushing itself around)
With Yarra Trams Z1's are capable of towing D2's!!!

Bus 400

Has anyone else noticed the Murrays Coach is an Optus/Pink AOA? I spotted it leaving the Mugga Lane Depot & again on London Circuit on Sunday morning, but never again.

Buzz Killington

I heard two "Car and Bus" accidents on time saver traffic today. This morning at the intersection of Clare Dennis and Woodcock, and this afternoon at Callaway Cres. Anyone know any more?

Bus 400

Went past both sites yesterday. It would appear that a bus has pulled out from Clare Dennis Avenue & a car heading towards Point Hut has had no time to stop & wacked into the bus. Glass/part of a bumper from the car was left last night.

Couldn't find any clear signs of an accident for the Callaway accident. But there does appear to be oil marks at the southern intersection of Callaway Crescent/Jim Pike Avenue

Bus 400

If anyone wishes to attend that Dirt Bike thing out at Stromlo Park here is a bit of info.

If you are planning on attending before Friday it should be all right to drive. But from the info I have it may be better to bus it in with the possibility of artics being used on these services. I am saying this because of the large amount of volunteers being requested for traffic control. Although I am confused a tad as traffic controllers are starting from 07:30 to 17:00/19:00 while ACTION Shuttles start later & finish later.

Bus 400

Does anyone know if anything is happening about Woden Depot? I ask as this week the buses along the back fence are slowly being cleaned up & moved out. A few other loose items have been removed, the cars at the southern end are disappearing faster then usual. The inner sheds also look a bit emptier.

Sir Pompously

The inner sheds also had, well, inner sheds for self storage. These seem to have been removed from there leaving just an empty space. Don't know whether this is a sign that maybe ACTION are actually going to use the depot again, or that it is just inbetween leases.

The Love Guru

There is something going on there, however i am unable to comment at this time.

Busnerd

All I know and will say is that all the tennants have been given notice.

Irisbus Rider

One can only assume the depot will be reclaimed, as has been stated numerous times by numerous sources. And what a timely coincidence, with the arrival of new MANs.

Give it a few more weeks, then it'll be official.

Buzz Killington

One of the Scanias has no logos on the left or right. 35#.. possibly 357..

Snorzac

It's 358 and it has been like that for months. I think I may have posted it in the topic 'ACTION Re-brand'

Buzz Killington

Yeah, I seemed to recall there was one that hadn't had logos for ages. Just saw it again recently and thought i'd mention it.

Bus 400

Does anyone which were the 2 buses that weren't to go on shifts unless the tow truck was available?

The driver who was telling about them couldn't remember which ones, but apparently when these buses were in Queensland they were fine until they felt Queensland's summer. They came back to Canberra & during summer, drivers had to leave the buses running all day as once they were switched off, the buses wouldn't start up again. So that meant the buses needed towing back & they were apparently worse then the Virusbuses

I suspect it might be buses 990 & 991 as I've been told that you aren't really meant to switch the Scania's & MAN's during the day because of the turbo chargers

Snorzac

AFAIK the only ACTION bus to do time in Brisbane is 113.

990 was in Canada for a period of time but I would say that it would be 990 & 991 as they were very unreliable during their gas days.

smitho

Quote from: Lemon on September 02, 2009, 08:43:56 PM
It's 358 and it has been like that for months. I think I may have posted it in the topic 'ACTION Re-brand'
358 was the first ACTION bus to have the new logo applied to it (on the sides only), but that was only briefly (before the new logo was officially launched) and it was in the dark blue colour of the old logo....this transitional logo was then quickly removed after the green version was released.

Snorzac

It did have green logos on for a bit though. It was probably involved in an incident and they just didn't bother with logos

Bus 400

Does anyone know about reports of a bus accident out on Uriarra Road/Cotter Road/out that way this afternoon/tonight. I was being given reports, but everyone was saying something different.
I thought someone here might be able to inform me, so that I & others are not ill informed