Farewelling Network 2010-Weekday Losses

Started by Bus 400, May 10, 2012, 03:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

With the start of Network 2012, we see a few changes to bus routes in Canberra. Some areas lose a service, while others (finally) gain a service. Below is a selection:

First up we'll start with The Causeway, after a number of decades The Casueway loses its bus service. Now while ACTION/Transport For Canberra will work with The Causeway residents to work out a bus service. I suspect this won't happen until the Kingston Foreshore grows into here.

Here is Bus 953 heading down Cunningham Street on its way into The Causeway.

While on its way out, Bus 953 heads along The Causeway. Now The Causeway is one road I never get, I mean it looks to have 2 two way roads right next to each other.

Here we have Bus 457 heading along Sandalwood Street past the old The Causeway Terminus.

Next up is the loss of the 51 service along Horse Park Drive for a service that actually enters Casey.

Here we have Bus 969 heading towards Gungahlin.

Here we have Bus 407 heading towards Belconnen.

Next up is the loss of Route 59 with the gain of Route 55 for Forde & Bonner.

First up is Bus 855 on Mulligans Flat Road in Forde on its way to Belconnen.

We then have Bus 107 heading the other way.

We then have Bus 969 heading along Francis Forde Boulevard on its way to Forbes

Next up we see the weekend changes.

Barry Drive

The word you are looking for is "lose" - as used in the sentence "the Canberra Raiders will lose this weekend." Related to the words "loss" and "lost".

"Loose" rhymes with "goose". As used in the sentence "my shoelace is loose".

Next person who gets it wrong will be asked to stay behind and write lines on the blackboard. [/rant]

Bus 400

I have an excuse as I became ill as soon as I arrived home from yesterday evenings outing.

Fixed up anyway.

Snorzac

Something to do with food, I got that as well, as did another member I believe.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on May 10, 2012, 05:08:30 PM
The word you are looking for is "lose" - as used in the sentence "the Canberra Raiders will lose this weekend." Related to the words "loss" and "lost".

"Loose" rhymes with "goose". As used in the sentence "my shoelace is loose".

Next person who gets it wrong will be asked to stay behind and write lines on the blackboard. [/rant]

Talking of rants, when will ACTION ever learn the correct use of 'Alternate'???????

Kings Ave is an ALTERNATIVE route over Lake Burley Griffin, not an ALTERNATE route.

Examples of correct use of 'alternate':  route 23 departures altrernate with route 24 departures....'Night alternates with day"

Barry Drive

Now that I've had a chance to actually view the photos (not just the words) - numbers 2 3 7 8 and 9 are terrific.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on May 11, 2012, 11:28:43 AM
Now that I've had a chance to actually view the photos (not just the words) - numbers 2 3 7 8 and 9 are terrific.

Yes, excellent work, Bus 400....especially The Causeway shot.

Bus 400

The photos of Bus 953 is a funny story, but all I'll say on the matter (publicly) is that The Causeway residents either have never seen a digital SLR camera or someone standing by their car with a camera that wasn't a Police Officer. I didn't get any trouble, but the looks. A bit like when Top Gear went into Alabama with certain messages on their cars.