[ACT] Beijing Torch Relay - Diversions

Started by Irisbus Rider, April 24, 2008, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

The torch relay diverted many serviced, including the 300, the trunk route service in Canberra. The 300 services were diverted down Tuggeranong Parkway, a road that usually sees the odd peak hour Express service, but mostly dead running services, so this was a big deal.....

Scania L94UB CNG 341 operating a 300 to Belconnen Interchange.

Irisbus Agoraline 307 on a 314 to Belconnen Interchange speeds past.

To get a wider view on how desolate Tuggeranong Parkway really is, a wide photo of Irisbus Agoraline 301 heading northbound also to Belconnen Interchange.

And of course, a few drivers also get lost;

Renault PR100.3 120 speeds past on Lady Denham Dr operating a 314 northbound to Fraser.

And...

Renault PR100.3a 126 operating a 300 to Belconnen Interchange. Not quite sure why these buses took this road opposed to Tuggeranong Parkway.

Thanks for looking, comments welcome, and look out for the last installment, "Coaches".

PS, looks like the lens is still dirty :(

O305

Pity you didn't get any photos of "real" buses John, such as ones in the orange livery, on the parkway...

What time did you go out, it started from 7:45, so they would have still been 16x/12x/170 routes running, which usually have either PR100.2 or PR180.2s.

If the lens is dirty you should clean it.

Irisbus Rider

The diversions were in place from after 8, but I was nowhere near the area. Anyway, I had to get an 81 out there, so I couldn't've got out there any earlier.

And I didn't realise the lens was dirty until about midday......