Hillsbus/Westbus 14.5M Scania at Belconnen depot

Started by The Love Guru, February 26, 2008, 08:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Love Guru

Just to get everyone excited about the possibilty of buses to replace the aging artic fleet, i saw one of Hills/Westbus 14.5 Scanias parked out the front of the workshops at Belconnen today. Was too far away to get a fleet number though.

Also parked at the workshop was what appeared to be a dark purple ex-STA mk2 0305.

Anyone else know if any trials will be undertaken??

Guru

Buzz Killington

i also saw the merc on Parkes Way today - belongs to "Priscilla" (Pete) - one of the ACTION mechanics. Here's a link to a thread about it on ATDB that OTHER transport board :p  http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29072

thanks for the news on the Scania though, I'll have to go have a look!

Irisbus Rider

14.5m?! Thanks for the news, I'll have to swing by and see if I can see anything, thanks!

Although, there have been 14.5m Westbus' in Melbourne, this may be their pit stop.

Bus 400

Wasn't something going around that ACTION was going to trial these busses on the 300 route?

bubzie

I think the real question here is, who's going to take their dog out for a look?!?

Bus 400

Not me, I'm in Perth with my spanking new artics.

Buzz Killington

i saw a plain white 0.305 heading down parkes way towards the city this arvo.. didnt get a real good look as i was driving the other way..

Busnerd

probably a deanes, they just bought a few more i think.

Sir Pompously

There is a plain white 0305 which runs around (TV/MO ACT plates from memory) which is used on charter work around the ACT. However, was it Ansair or PMC?

Can't wait to see if this thing will get around on routes, but I would not like to see them on the current 300's when going through Wanniassa (Waniassa according to ACTION) on evenings and weekends. Those mini roundabouts would not let a 14.5 through, they hate the Artics which need to stop and move slowly around them trying to avoid the signs and the roundabout centre which is raised with a gutter.

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Todd Milton on February 27, 2008, 11:29:37 PM
Those mini roundabouts would not let a 14.5 through, they hate the Artics which need to stop and move slowly around them trying to avoid the signs and the roundabout centre which is raised with a gutter.

Depends on the Artic driver :P I used to have a few (some of the exp. drivers obviously) that would just take it full on, sometimes only just hitting the edge of the roundabout...but then again Ive had a few who went real slow, and it was painful

Bus 400

It is the same on those "slow points" on Vansitart Crescent in Kambah. Some drivers flog the busses through them & the back sways from side to side, but others actually do the suggested speed of 25km/h.

joshula

I was driveing pass The Belconnen Market around 7am this morning Then i did notice a yellow bus park at the Belconnen Market. I got The bus number today.
the bus number is 9526.
Look Like Yellow Hill Bus Colour with no Letter on the side of the bus
so there my report

Busnerd

Wait wait wait wait wait wait..they fished your car out of the lake?

Yes. Official reports confirm another sunflower yellow 14.5 scania was seen at belco on trade plates on its way to sydney earlier today.

Buzz Killington

are they new deliveries heading to sydney from melbourne, overnighting here?

Busnerd

melbourne to sydney

just briefly stopping here i think..

Buzz Killington

Busnerd

Quote from: Ryan on March 05, 2008, 08:37:47 PM
are they new deliveries heading to sydney from melbourne, overnighting here?

Irisbus Rider

As I mentioned previously, this is probably their pit-stop for the Melb to Syd trip.

Still, thats no reason to not be on the look-out, I'm sure it'll leave a few Sydney residentd gob-smacked to see a HillsBus around Canberra!

Bus 400

But I though Hillsbus was considering taking over ACTION a few years ago when the Libs sent ACTION broke.

Busnerd

ACTION is not allowed to ever be privatised..its legislation

(thanks for that info Chris :P)

Irisbus Rider

Thats what I thought.

"Bus400", Whats all that about then?

Bus 400

Back around 2001 there was discussion of ACTION being privatised to take the pressure of the ACT Government. But Labour won the election & that idea was put in the not to be discussed file.

Irisbus Rider

Probably not CDC, they were a pimple back then.

Maybe Veolia...