Missing Wayfarers?

Started by Snorzac, February 20, 2009, 06:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

I don't think they will, if you think about it the wayfarers will go soon, in fact some of Belco's Mk I artics have already lost them.

(Separated from ACTION Re-brand)

Buzz Killington

well it depends whether or not they have enough tickets to last until the new system is introduced.

What do you mean the wayfarers are missing in the Belco Mk1s? How the hell do people validate their ticket?

Snorzac

I am not sure, but when I was talking to a driver he said he had to take 708 as it was the only bus there with a ticket machine, 704-707 no longer have them, or something like that.

Buzz Killington

weird... maybe one of the drivers can tell us whats going on.

i havent been on an artic in ages, they've all had the validators removed from the rear doors, right?

Bus 400

This wouldn't be part of the thing to start getting rid of the artics for the 14.5?

Do they actually use these artics from Belco often? I do know that the 563 school bus from Grammar School-St Ed's & Clares to Kambah was previously a Belco Depot run-they would take the bus down to CGGS & do this run & head back to the depot. But it is now a Tugg depot run.

Buzz Killington

they wouldnt be getting rid of any artics before the 14.5's are here to replace them.

im fairly sure the belco artics are out most days, school runs and Xpressos mainly.

Bus 400

But then how do people pay? Or are they just free runs? If so can one go on my 62 & intertwon from Woden to City & vice versa in the evening?

Snorzac

how are you assured of getting Belco Mk I Artics on both then?

Bus 400

I only want them to alter shifts so that I do. Even if they add an extra 162 into the mix that leaves Tuggers at 07:54 & a 162 that leaves City about 16:52. It would be perfect. The morning one could do a 300 to Tuggeranong & then my 62 & a 7 to Belco. Then in the afternoon he could do a 30 to City, 162 & then a 312 to Spence.

Snorzac

You certainly have it figured out

Bus 400

It all just came to me. Although the 16:51 162 would get into Woden about 17:02, which is the exact time that the 62 leaves Woden already. But it was coincidence as it takes me about 15-19 minutes to finisih up & walk to City Interchange. With 2 or so minutes to get ready.

Snorzac

You can rid of the 62 and it works

Bus 400

exactly. The 162 would replace the morning & evening 62. So if there are anypone who can give hints to the shift writers here is one for a belco artic. It also means that I have less chance of getting a grumble bum driver from Tuggers (there are only 2-that I know of) though.

Speaking of grumble bum Tuggers drivers-there is one driver in particular who would love on of these buses. He whinges if you take too long  & in the peak times on intertowns, he bitches if you use the validator at the front door & not the portable at the back, even though the front is closer for me.

Buzz Killington

the topic is wayfarers guys...

Bus 400

That is what I just ended on.

Irisbus Rider

ACTION can't buy any more wayfarer machines, so when they break, buses have to go without. The buses are just not used if they lack a ticket machine, not used at all. I'm sure other drivers will be able to say more, but thats all I know.

Bus 400

What would classify them as broken? As alot of them stiill play up & what happens if say the wayfarer goes in 389?

Irisbus Rider

If the wayfarer goes in 389, then they take one out of 708 or 709.

Broken would be beyond repair, uttery screwed, because ACTION would make sure to do what ever they can to hold on to any of these.

Bus 400

Are these lovely new machines due to begin next financial year (July 09-June 10)?

Irisbus Rider

Late '10 are the recent reports.

Bus 400

I suppose the drivers will be trained in these machines atleast a month or 2 beforehand? So that should give us a hint.

Buzz Killington

Thanks for clearing it up John.

Pretty bad that its gotten to the point of buses having to go without machines so that other buses can have one that works.

Bus 400

As wouldn't that COST ACTION money at a time when they are trying to save money?

Buzz Killington

How so? They're just moving the machines between buses.

Maybe they should just remove the machines from every bus and issue them to drivers when they start their shift   :corny:

Bus 400

Well the belco artics don't have them (apparently) & if that bus is full on an Xpresso, that is 100 adults at $3 a pop, ACTION would loose just under $300 on one run.

Buzz Killington

oh, of course.

...it 11.33pm on a Friday and i've been working all week. I'm just not thinking of the 'bigger picture' tonight!

Surely there's enough buses sitting in the depot so that every bus that goes out has a working machine (at least until it jams up at the interchange and the driver has to let everyone on for free!)

lukeo25

happened to me on monday morning, the person before got there ticket stuck so me & 5 other people got on for free

Irisbus Rider

Ok, now here is where comments have been completely taken out of context. No bus is to leave the depot without a ticket machine (ACTION policy), and no bus has left the depot without a ticket machine to this day, and probably never will. The  situation simply is that there are buses sitting empty in the depot because they lack a ticket machine.

Anyway, ACTION aren't making a profit anyway, so I'm sure a few trips can afford to go without a ticket machine, they do every time a machine stuffs up anyway.

Snorzac

Quote from: TP 3000 on February 20, 2009, 11:33:16 PM
Well the belco artics don't have them (apparently) & if that bus is full on an Xpresso, that is 100 adults at $3 a pop, ACTION would loose just under $300 on one run.

Belco don't have that many artic shifts on expressos and they can be covered by 708-9 and the Mk I artics

belcodriver

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on February 21, 2009, 01:02:49 AM
Ok, now here is where comments have been completely taken out of context. No bus is to leave the depot without a ticket machine (ACTION policy), and no bus has left the depot without a ticket machine to this day, and probably never will. The  situation simply is that there are buses sitting empty in the depot because they lack a ticket machine.

Anyway, ACTION aren't making a profit anyway, so I'm sure a few trips can afford to go without a ticket machine, they do every time a machine stuffs up anyway.

Bollocks, I've been sent out several times without a validator. ACTION wouldn't drop a run just because they would have to let people on for free.

Irisbus Rider

Yeah? Ah, ok, seems I need to get my facts in order then.

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

707 was doing a school run this morning and didn't have one.

MrPC

Quote from: TP 3000 on February 20, 2009, 11:33:16 PM

Xpressos in my experience tend to carry 9-5 office workers who are statistically more likely to buy monthly tickets.  As such, the only lost revenue is those who intend to purchase cash fares or who validate 10 trip tickets.

Besides, if you need to get a second bus to get to your eventual destination, you still have to pay on that bus.  (Except of course for those who take Deanes out to Brindabella Business Park or Queanbeyan, then ACTION sees zip)

Artics without Wayfarers end up on a Route 30 or 31 run that I often catch to complete my trip home of an evening.  It feels a bit dodgy that some folk get a free run and I already had my monthly, but I manage :)

MrPC

707 was running tonight on Route 58 with no Wayfarer.

Snorzac

yep, it is 704-707 without them as far as I know

MrPC

IMHO the in (non) revenue service bit is a bit more interesting than just the various fleet numbers bit.

Snorzac

what? it is related to the topic, it is interesting to know the facts and that is a fact.

MrPC

A bus without a validator isn't really news.  A bus without a validator running a revenue service kinda is.

Irisbus Rider

One could be sitting in the depot, opposed to carting passengers around, so it is different.

Buzz Killington