Crimestoppers Ad Design Competition

Started by Buzz Killington, March 11, 2009, 09:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Simon Corbell, MLA | Media Releases
Crime Stoppers competition encourages Canberras youth.
Released 11/03/2009

The ACT Police and Emergency Services Minister, Simon Corbell, is calling on all ACT high school students to take part in the new Crime Stoppers Youth program.

The program is encouraging young people to share information they have about criminal activity with Crime Stoppers, which will in turn bring down youth related crime.

"Crime Stoppers is an essential resource in fighting crime in the ACT, and this competition is a great way of introducing young people to Crime Stoppers from an early age," Mr Corbell said.

"It is important for children to know that telling Crime Stoppers about illegal activity is not 'dobbing' on a friend or peers, rather, it is doing the right thing."

The program calls on young people to draw on their creativity to design a poster which incorporates the theme 'SEE something. HEAR something. SAY something.'

The first 100 entries will receive a USB wristband, while the overall winner will get a 30 minute ride in an Aquila helicopter for three people. The winning design will also feature on the back of a bus, as well as get used in Crime Stoppers promotional material.

"Young people are using the internet at increasing rates, and Crime Stoppers has recently moved online in an attempt to attract more tip offs from all sectors of the community," Said Mr Corbell.

Crime Stoppers is an anonymous way to leave information about criminal activity, which can help police lay charges against an offender.

This competition is one of two initiatives this year with the second to be announced later in 2009.

For more information on the competition go to http://www.act.crimestoppers.com.au/.

Irisbus Rider

Hmmm, a few slogans.....

-Crime doesn't discriminate.
-It's not cool to break the rules.
-Squealing isn't just for pigs.
-The truth will set you free (oh, wait, that's already been taken).
-If you see something, say something (damn, taken too).
-Crime doesn't pay.
Hmmmm, I think I'll quit while I'm ahead. I mean, they're not even funny!

But seriously, a good idea, I suppose.