First Day as a bus driver (in training)

Started by Ed, April 22, 2009, 05:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

First day went fairly well. The induction was the same as any other public service department, we went through classroom modules on the usual stuff (OH&S, ACTION rules and regulations, diversity, incident reporting, etc.).

Ed

The first week of the 3 week training is held at Belconnen, the trainees will be shown around both depots during training. After the training, I would be most likely posted at Tuggeranong depot, but nothing's for certain yet.

belcodriver

Remember that for every gutter you hit you owe the trainer a beer.

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, a good reason to keep off the gutters!

All the very best, I'll have to be keeping an eye out ;)

Bus 400

I think I saw you guys having a tour of Tuggeranong Depot this afternoon. I saw you lot in the drivers carpark at the time.

Ed

QuoteI think I saw you guys having a tour of Tuggeranong Depot this afternoon. I saw you lot in the drivers carpark at the time.

Yes, that's right, we were at the Tuggy depot carparks at that time.

Ed

By the way, if you saw the only Asian bloke in the group, then that'll be me.

Bus 400

Yeah I did (I was looking out in particular).

I have an idea what the next few weeks are.

Week 2-You go out on the road in a group & each have a turn driving the bus in an area/route.
Week 3-You go out with a trainer & drive on a shift, eventually you'll go out on your own with the trainer/another trainer either following you in his/her own car or catching one of your routes mid route.

Ed

Actually, next week is considered week 1 and yeah, next week we go out on the road in a group and each have a turn driving the bus. Mid way week 1 two trainees are assigned to 1 trainer. Week 2 comes the training shifts (part time shift) ad week 3 are the full time training shifts.

Bus 400

A fellow board member driver told me that.