Dickson and Wikipedia

Started by 743, July 03, 2010, 10:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Wikipedia page on Dickson Centre http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dickson_Centre,_Australian_Capital_Territory:

Transport

Dickson Centre is primarily accessed by car. It is located at the corner of two major roads - Antill Street and Northbourne Avenue. These streets also intersect with Mouat Street, a major route to suburbs in northern Belconnen.

The centre is well served by buses running along Northbourne Avenue to Belconnen and Gungahlin. It is also served by the number 38 bus which travels to Hackett, Watson, Ainslie, and Civic before travelling to Woden Town Centre via Narrabundah. Similarly, the 35 bus runs via Lyneham, O'Connor and Turner before heading to Civic and Narrabundah. Interestingly, the 39 and the 36 run from Watson via Dickson into Civic and beyond, while the 33 meanders through North Lyneham, Lyneham, O'Connor, Turner and Civic on its way to the defence complexes in Campbell, via the Australian War Memorial, Canberra's most popular tourist destination. In contrast, the 48 bus - which originates at Gungahlin cemetery - does not go through Civic, but rather runs across Canberra direct to Belconnen.

Time for an update perhaps?  :P I also like how the 39 and 36 are referred to as "interestingly".

Buzz Killington

Definitely time for an update.. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like there's too many people out there who look after the Canberra articles.

King of Buses

Quote from: Buzz Killington on July 03, 2010, 11:31:56 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't seem like there's too many people out there who look after the Canberra articles.
I agree.
It's needed an update since June 2008.

Bidgee

Canberra project on Wiki has lost a few active members. I try to update and source some Canberra articles but I've edited little as I'm busy on other matters ATM.

Barry Drive

Quote from: 743 on July 03, 2010, 10:28:59 PM
Time for an update perhaps?

743, are you aware that Wikipedia articles can be edited by anyone - you don't need to be registered. So instead of complaining that no-one has updated the article in question, you could perhaps DO IT YOURSELF!

When did I complain? I just thought it was funny that these Routes were still listed after all these years. I preferred to mention it on here than edit the history away.