Free Bike n' Ride Travel

Started by Busnerd, December 04, 2007, 07:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Just seeking everyone's views on the free bike 'n ride travel on buses.

It seems like a great idea, although problems already. Today I was getting off my bus at sky plaza and a guy with a bike got on and I turned to look and the guy getting on paid and the driver didn't say its free or anything he just took the money and gave him the ticket.

Second, now everyone is whinging on WIN news, using footage that showed my house for some reason as someone was randomly cycling past it  ::) and some losers are complaining that, if people riding bikes get free travel on buses, then why don't people leaving their cars at home and using the bus get free travel?

Well you loser! that would mean everyone gets free travel, ACTION will go broke then no one will get any travel. So stop whinging, and if you want free travel then get off your arse and ride.

The other thing they are 'concerned about' is that there are only two racks on each bus and only '120' buses fitted with racks. Even though there is only 74 buses with bike racks so that means 148 racks available, not 240 you idiots!

Irisbus Rider

Its strange, everyone is getting into a hype over it, all of the drivers I have spoken to are opposed to it, as well as the local media?! I mean, why? It will encourage people to utilise the service that is avaliable. Is that a bad thing now?

I think it's a great incentive! Bring it on :)

Busnerd

Someone got on at tuggeranong at about 6.25 this morning and was charged a fare.

Irisbus Rider

No joke? Thats not good, I wonder what happened there?

O305

Am I the only one who can imagine weird freaks who bring an old broken bike from their shed to whereever they go and back again everyday so they can get a free ride on the bus? ;D

Busnerd

Quote from: O305 on December 11, 2007, 12:02:23 AM
Am I the only one who can imagine weird freaks who bring an old broken bike from their shed to whereever they go and back again everyday so they can get a free ride on the bus? ;D

..yes