ACTION Routes in other places

Started by 743, June 15, 2010, 08:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whenever I'm able to capture an ACTION Route outside of the ACT, I'll put it here. First up, Newcastle.

Volvo 1427 on the 111 at Charlestown.

Volvo 4954 on the 225 at Merewether.

Volvo 4960 on the 226 at Glendale.

Volvo 1609 on the 313 at Warners Bay.

Mercedes 3235 on the 318 at Belmont. This 318 is as far from an Intertown as you could get, being a community loop service similar to ACTION's 70-series.

Irisbus Rider

If only ACTION had gotten decent vehicles, as are displayed in these photos.....

Brilliant photos, especially the photo of 3235 with what I'm assuming is a lake in the background? Thanks for sharing them.

Buzz Killington

I wish our 313 and 318 Routes were that picturesque!

CNG

I like the last picture of the  old merc, really good pics

smitho

Thanks guys  :)

I'd originally written a bit more about each photo, including the fact that it is indeed a lake (Lake Macquarie) behind the 318. But when I hit 'post', my browser decided to foul up on me and I managed to lose what I'd written. So I thought 'stuff it' so was lazy and just posted the above...

Anywho, from memory it was something along the lines of operating days for anyone that's interested. 111/225/313 Monday to Saturday, 226 seven days, 318 weekdays off-peak-ish. So a little different to ACTION's equivalents!

CNG

yeah as I said I like the pic of the old merc, because it looks beautiful with lake macaqurie in the background  :)

Irisbus Rider

No need to repeat yourself, 'CNG'. Most of us read your comments the first time you posted them.

Now for some of Sydney's:

Mercedes 1804 at Railway Square on Metrobus 10.

Mercedes 3394 departs Circular Quay on Sydney Explorer 111.

Volvo 1526 arrives at Cremorne Point Wharf on the 225.

Another shot of 1526 taken just prior to the one above...buses turn around at Cremorne Point in a most interesting fashion by reversing into a specially-built 'cave' opposite the bus stop! It's the only way it can work with such little space at the end of a dead-end street...

Mercedes 1267 about to depart on the 313 at Coogee. Older counterpart 3099 is behind.

Mercedes 2009 climbs up the old tramway reservation that is now Havelock Avenue, Coogee, on the 314.

Sydney Buses also operate 30, 227, 265 and 267 services but I was unable to photograph those on this trip.

Bus 400

Quote from: 743 on June 25, 2010, 08:50:46 PM
Another shot of 1526 taken just prior to the one above...buses turn around at Cremorne Point in a most interesting fashion by reversing into a specially-built 'cave' opposite the bus stop! It's the only way it can work with such little space at the end of a dead-end street...

For those that haven't seen this terminus, below is a Google Streetview of it.

Buzz Killington

Quite an interesting concept!

Thanks for the photos 743, another great bunch. Loving the scenery.

Irisbus Rider

Aaaah, Cremorne Point, I'd love to visit it one day, it's a stunning part of Sydney. Again, excellent photos!

Thanks y'all.

Sorry the shot of the Metrobus isn't spectacular but just as it was coming, I saw another bus shoot down the other side of Railway Square that I'd been wanting a photo of all day (Mercedes Mk V 3092)...so I kinda took that quick one of the 10 and then dashed over to where 3092 was.

The Central Coast and Wollongong run quite a few ACTION numbered Routes, so I think they'll be next on my adventures when I get around to them.

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, they do too. The Illawarra region would be especially significant, with Premier Illawarra still running many Renaults, sharing numerous route numbers with ACTION.

Sir Pompously

King of Buses

Probably, By the way, what is it's old ACTION fleet number?

King of Buses

Well, I don't have to do the 7 now. Thanks, Sir Pompously  ;)