The oldest bus on the lowest-numbered route

Started by 743, November 28, 2010, 01:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

700 rockets through Hackett on a Woden-bound 2.

Before November 15, buses on Route 2 from what I saw were rather standard at certain times of the day. Never saw an artic, or even that many low floors. But now it's all over the place. During the evenings it seems to be a haunt for older buses though - 789, 793 and 802 all went through within 10 minutes one afternoon this week.

400:D

Wow that is awesome  :o

And why does it under ACTION have intertown? Theres no such thing anymore except for on http://www.action.act.gov.au/routes_by_suburb.html :D, but seriously why is there a intertown under the ACTION logo?

Barry Drive

Quote from: 400:D on November 28, 2010, 02:00:06 PM
And why does it under ACTION have intertown?
It's an articulated bus. Why do you think it would have Intertown under the logo? (Clue: this bus entered service in 1988.)

Quote from: MyWay on November 28, 2010, 02:08:34 PM
It's an articulated bus. Why do you think it would have Intertown under the logo? (Clue: this bus entered service in 1988.)

If I'm wrong its because I'm from 96' and Newcastle :D but anyway, is it because the artics were used for the intertowns when they were first introduced but because they are easy access routes now they can't drive them because they aren't easy access?

Barry Drive

Sort of. You really need to learn some ACTION history.

In ye olde days (pre 1998), the Intertown was Route 333 (originally Belconnen - City - Woden, later Belconnen - City - Woden - Tuggeranong) and was operated by articulated buses. Network 98 increased the frequency of Intertown services (and made them longer) at which point they were no longer operated by artics.

Quote from: MyWay on November 28, 2010, 03:00:22 PM
Sort of. You really need to learn some ACTION history.

In ye olde days (pre 1998), the Intertown was Route 333 (originally Belconnen - City - Woden, later Belconnen - City - Woden - Tuggeranong) and was operated by articulated buses. Network 98 increased the frequency of Intertown services (and made them longer) at which point they were no longer operated by artics.

Thanks and now I will look up some ACTION history.

And continuing the theme of old buses on the 2...

I know the quality isn't that brilliant but it's just my vague attempt at proof that the 2 is a magnet for older buses.

773 also did one this morning!

smitho

Terrific photos there.

Perhaps the day will come when 700 will venture out on to the 200 route. Very old and very new.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: 400:D on November 28, 2010, 03:22:10 PM
Thanks and now I will look up some ACTION history.

Best to start with the history section on actbus.net - plenty of info there.

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 01, 2010, 12:57:05 AM
Best to start with the history section on actbus.net - plenty of info there.

That's what I used . It's got some great info there and now I know Tuggeranong Depot was first opened in the 90's

And again...

I've got some weird Bad Wolf / Rose Tyler thing going on with 789 at the moment (I wonder how many will get that reference). Shortly after taking this photo I happened to walk along some pavement that's dated 7/89, and then when I downloaded this photo it turns out it's the 7,189th photo I've taken with this camera  :-\ Assuming its numbering system is accurate, that is.