Spencer's last day

Started by Buzz Killington, January 24, 2011, 08:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Many of our forum users may have encountered ACTION Driver Spencer Gilchrist in their travels, more often than not in Bus 963.

Spencer retired on 23 December 2010, and going by the file names on the photographs, his bus driving career spanned forty years and one day!

These photos were taken by Les Gallagher and provided to RATEC and ACT Bus. Both Les and Spencer gave permission for the photos to appear on the sites.

CNG

I remember him and he was a great driver, good shift bus as well. Hopefully if I am driving at action one day I will be their as long as him. Also as well btw I think his shift bus was 967 not 963.

Snorzac

CNG is right, it was 967, it is sad that his bus was out of action for the final days of his career.

On the topic of 967 it returned to service today with a freshly painted front, it remains in original colours although it is missing part of the dinosaur where the car hit.

CNG

is the front blue or corporate colours?

Snorzac

Quote from: Metrobus on January 24, 2011, 08:27:04 PM
it remains in original colours although it is missing part of the dinosaur where the car hit.

CNG

sorry I was half asleep didn't notice. Also I hope this question isn't too personal, but was spencer part time or full time at the end of his time at action.