Bus Wash Tours

Started by smitho, May 25, 2011, 12:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Appears these are running again or about to run again - staff notice at Tuggy Depot calling for extra drivers to run them.

Bus 400

Tuggeranong did just received a new bus wash didn't they?

I remember a tender a while ago for new bus washes for both depots & a few weeks back, I saw Tuggeranong's was fenced off.

smitho

With the upgraded bus wash @ Tuggeranong, they'll be able to wash the gas MANs.

Snorzac

Have they made it big enough for the white whale?

smitho

At this stage, they've just stripped the wash of alot of old fittings.

Bus 400

This afternoon, Tuggeranong Depot took delivery of 6x5000L rainwater tanks for the new bus wash. So when we next get a big dump of rain, the buses can be washed.

They did have a new issues getting the truck to the wash. I wonder how they will go when the Belconnen Depot bus wash is replaced......

Before I forget, when did the bus wash tours get cancelled last time?

smitho

From memory, they haven't run for about 2 years.

Ed

QuoteFrom memory, they haven't run for about 2 years.

No, they are still running bus wash tours.

Busnerd

Most govvie bus operators will run bus wash tours usually along side a school bus/road safety lesson.

Usually a couple of bus drivers will take a bus to a school. Give a talk on safety on buses etc. then take the classes to the depot, through the bus wash and back to the school. During my time at Port Botany I saw several school groups come through, rather excited...

Bus 400

Belconnen Depot's bus wash is currently being done up, with 6 new 5000L rainwater tanks are to arrive in the coming days. By how heavy they feel, I suspect these days were pre filled during the storms this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk