Passenger Robbed While Waiting For Bus

Started by Bus 400, May 06, 2009, 10:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Quote from: ACT Police Media Release
Screwdriver used in robbery in Kambah
Monday, 04 May 2009
ACT Policing is seeking witnesses to an aggravated robbery which occurred in Kambah on Saturday (May 2).
Around 11.30pm a 23-year-old Chifley man was standing at a bus shelter near the intersection of Summerland Circuit and Mannheim Street when he was approached by two men. One of the men held a screwdriver up to the victim's neck and stole his iPod.
The victim was not injured in the incident.
The offender with the screwdriver was described as in his early 20s, around 5' 9" (175cm) tall; with a solid build and wearing a dark-coloured, long-sleeve, hooded jumper pulled over his head and dark tracksuit pants. He was also wearing a dark bandanna which concealed his face.
The second offender was also described as in his early 20s, about 6' 2" (188cm) tall; with a solid build and wearing a yellow, long-sleeve, hooded jumper pulled over his head and dark tracksuit pants. His face was also concealed with a bandanna and he was wielding a tree branch about one meter in length.
The offenders fled in the direction of Village Creek Primary School on Summerland Circuit.
Police would urge anyone who witnessed the incident or who may know the identity of the offenders to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers website on www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.
Media enquiries:
ACT Policing
http://afp.gov.au/media_releases/act/2009/screwdriver_used_in_robbery_in_kambah

This is why we need Flexibus back-Kambah's 960 Flexibus took people straight to their door.

Irisbus Rider

Frightening stuff there. Probably one of the worst situations to be in while usiong Public Transport.

Bus 400

Although I don't get while you would catch a surburban bus at 23:30 on a Saturday night. That stop in question is actually my stop.

Irisbus Rider

The bus probably didn't show up, ha ha.

A typical act that drivers carry out, finishing the run early and going 'express' to the depot as they near the end of their shift.
Personally, I only condone it in certain circumstances, but I'm sure this act has left quite a few passengers stranded.

Bus 400

Well on the late night 962's you can leave the Interchanges 10-15 minutes late & still get to the other end of time. However the very last 962 is due at 11:32ish.

I have also been told that if a 60/62/960/962 is empty by the time they get to Drakeford Dr/Sulwood Dr lights (Woden bound) & they are on their last run, they can go back to the depot & miss any possible passengers on the stop just north of that intersection.

Busnerd

Why would anyone be catching the bus at 11.30 at night?

Where would they be going?

What you have to realise is that no more buses go past that stop after 11.10, so im thinking they weren't even a bus passenger, probably a drug dealer or TP3000 wanting to do late night bus stop photography.

This is not a reason the 960 should come back as a flexibus...

Flexibus was an operational nightmare and should stay in the grave.

Bus 400

We may have freakzoids in my area, but none deal drugs (that is Kambah West). But our last bus to Woden is at about 23:32. But the 960 Flexibus was good, as I could snap Scanias & Renaults coming down my street at 22:00 every Saturday night. Everyone else can keep their set bus route. It can even be called the "Kambah Locallink"

But I will never take pics of that stop late at night as the walk up the hill is too far & I dislike the frekazoids (any driver who has done a 62 with lady that carries lots of bags will know what I mean).

Irisbus Rider

As Mat said, Flexibus was scrapped for a reason, it was ridiculous.

Kambah at night, should be avoided in general.

Busnerd

That 962 terminates at woden why?

It should finish at the village

Bus 400

Quote from: MaxiZac on May 06, 2009, 11:01:04 PM
That 962 terminates at woden why?
It should finish at the village

Well the first 62 to Tuggeranong starts at Kambah Village. But I don't see where the victim was going. As the 962 gets to Woden after the last 900 leaves Woden. 99% of the weekends, the 962 North probably ends at Kambah High.

Snorzac

Maybe they were going out to a night club or to someones house, not everyone wants to get the 900 you know

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 06, 2009, 10:48:24 PM
We may have freakzoids in my area, but none deal drugs (that is Kambah West).

Making baseless, incorrect statements is hardly going to do any favours to your credibility.

bubzie

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 06, 2009, 10:48:24 PM
We may have freakzoids in my area, but none deal drugs (that is Kambah West).

Yet, you said that the stop in question was pretty much yours, so you do NOT live in kambah west.
West is Urambi/Mt Neighbour primary side.

You live on the east sideeee.

Busnerd

Oh, thanks for clearing that up...

Now I know that all drug deals in Kambah, all 100% occur in Kambah West, no questions asked. Irrefutable evidence right there.

Bus 400

However sometimes those from Kambah West decide to cross the border & enter Kambah East.

That community message was provided by TP 3000.

Buzz Killington

Rather than saying what I really think about that last post, I'll simply say that if you don't get back to topic you'll go on the mod queue. First and final warning.

route56

I was on a bus coming back from Gungahlin and the driver decided to go 'express' to the Belco interchange. While I was on it. I told him he had missed the turnoff and he told me i was wrong. I checked the maps when i got to Belco and he was wrong. I had to catch another bus back and was 45 minutes late. The driver had a moustache and a blue Andy Capp hat. i wrote to ACTION but they never replied.

Ive seen passengers hassled at interchanges but not robbed. The ice addicts in Civic are the worse. 'Can i have 2 dollars for the bus'.

Some people need to catch buses at night in the dark, and they should expect that a service arrives if it is advertised. I hate it when a bus doesnt arrive and you have to wait another hour. 

I dont think its actions fault that a person was robbed. there are some not nice people out there, especially in some suburbs.

Bus 400

route56, I would of gone to the supervisors office & have a word with him. I've been hassled at Woden by a ............., but a few other passengers stood up for me & they backed off.

But I have found out that in recent times, things have drastically improved at Woden Interchange, this occurred with a few minor changes. This is shown with weekday bus services not moving stands at night & weekend services moving to their weekday stands from Monday 25/05.