20 Buses to receive Facial Hair

Started by Buzz Killington, November 10, 2009, 09:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

From Martin's Twitter Feed

QuoteBus 394 has had moustache and eyebrows decals applied to its front desto. It sounds crazy, but I'm serious.

Buzz Killington

So, thoughts?

Movember was the first thought that came into my mind, although if so it's a shame that the bus will only come into service with half a month to go.

I recall back when a lot of buses got around with Red Noses to support SIDS. It would be nice to see ACTION returning to these small shows of support for various events.

It would be even better if we started to see more buses in special livery for things like Recycling, Composting, Road Safety etc, but now I'm really dreaming!

See also: The ACT Bus Twitter Feed for an additional 394-related pun

Snorzac

Apparently it is pretty much ready for service. From what Martin tells me 393 might not have been the only one to enter service today.

Bus 400

In the news today is that 20 ACTION buses will be given a moustache for Movember. I have also noticed a few ACTION (male) drivers are growing moustaches this month.

Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington

WIN News have just confirmed that 20 vehicles will be mustached. 391 was briefly shown with its mo' parked up outside the Assembly where 390 was launched.

Snorzac

392, 393 are some of the others with facial hair, it really does look stupid

Buzz Killington

It's for a good cause though.

List the fleet numbers here as you spot them, guys. I've added a category on the Wiki.

Snorzac

I am pretty sure that it is every one of the new MANs so far. One of the drivers can confirm

lukeo25

390 had it done, saw it in woden this afternoon on an 11 sb

Bus 400

I would of though it would of worked better with the eye brows just below the desto & the moustache at the bottom of the windscreen. That way the front of the bus would be like 1 big face.

Bus 400

311, 318, 394 & 396 have these moustaches.

Snorzac

Can confirm that ALL the new MANs have moes

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

This article was on the back page of today's Canberra Times:
[/size]

Snorzac

The following buses have the decals:
300, 301, 307, 311, 312, 315, 318, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396, 397, 398, 399, 400, 401, I am guessing that there is another Iris with them.

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

I think 316 has one, not sure though. I think that was the one I saw.

particleman

They should have placed the mustaches on the bike racks

Irisbus Rider

Agreed. They could have made them look so much better! But, nonetheless, it's for a good cause.

Buzz Killington

Martin reports that 401 has now had its mo removed. Must have been during the day, because I caught it around 9am and it still had it then.

CNG

Quote from: Buzz Killington on November 10, 2009, 09:24:48 PM
So, thoughts?

Movember was the first thought that came into my mind, although if so it's a shame that the bus will only come into service with half a month to go.

I recall back when a lot of buses got around with Red Noses to support SIDS. It would be nice to see ACTION returning to these small shows of support for various events.

It would be even better if we started to see more buses in special livery for things like Recycling, Composting, Road Safety etc, but now I'm really dreaming!

See also: The ACT Bus Twitter Feed for an additional 394-related pun

I know this is an old thread and I should not be bumping it, however that is such a good idea, the only buses that are used sorta for things like this are 963, 967 and 971 and maybe  at a lesser extent 982 and 990.