Some buses that I've driven

Started by ScaniaDriver, June 19, 2009, 02:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScaniaDriver

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd post photos of some buses that I've driven.

7130 (left) and 7131 (right) are two Mercedes O405's. I've driven both but on the day, I was driving 7131. This was at the conclusion of route 1B services to/from Olympic Park and we posed for a photo before operating a charter.

Volgren bodied Merc O405 7274 at Cheltenham on the northern line rail. At this moment, I had no one on my bus so I jumped out to take a photo in this scenic street.

This MAN 16.240 #17 would have been one of the nicest sounding buses I have ever driven!! Taken at Hornsby on the north shore line rail.

#17 again but in the old livery. Obviously I was not driving it here!

This Merc piecart 815D was my first bus carrying passengers. It was on the north shore rail shutdown. It was a day I will never forget. Mat, I am sure when you carry your first passengers one day, it will be a day to remember. Oh, and this bus goes too!!

Scania K94UB low floor 9415 from Northmead depot (CDC Hillsbus) at Granville station on western line rail replacement. Boy, the low floor Scanias are my favourite buses to drive!! The brakes are absolutely brilliant and the turbo whistle is a pleasure to listen to. It lowers, has air con...I just love them. The Volvo behind I drove the night before. I forgot the rego lol. I'll have to look at my original shot to see what it is.

Here is 9415 again a couple of years earlier at the Volgren plant in Melbourne brand new. I never would have thought that I'd be driving it later on!!

Irisbus Rider

I will also confirm the brakes are good on a K/L94UB, steering is also comfortable, although, some do lack power.
Lol @ the Piecart :P
16.240, love that 'exaust' sound they seem to have, I got obsessed when I saw a Busways' one as a younggin.
That's actually a nice Volgren body on the O405NH, plus it is an O405, therefore, I'm immediately obsessed ha ha.

But I'm leaving the best for last, that first photo, has got to be one of the nicest photos I've ever seen of a bus, the colours, the angles, simply breathtaking. Hats off to you for that shot!

Again, thanks for sharing these photos with us, I for one am greatful you have :)

Buzz Killington

That first shot is exceptional, love the background. Something you don't get in the Canberra pics!

Quote from: Virusbus Rider on June 19, 2009, 04:56:30 PM
Again, thanks for sharing these photos with us, I for one am greatful you have :)

Agreed, its great to see some NSW shots, and some great ones at that!