My Weekend Outing

Started by Bus 400, June 28, 2009, 08:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

N/A

Buzz Killington

The second and the second to last photos are very very nice - some of your best work! The first shot is pretty good too.

Well done TP3000!

The Love Guru

The use of fog lights at times when visibility is not reduced is illegal!   :P

Bus 400

There were only for the photo.

But Buzz, those were my favs as well. With the second picture being my fav of all my collection.

Barry Drive

382 has pulled into Narrabundah terminus the wrong way.

smitho

Excellent pics TP 3000 (especially the Narrabundah shots), although I reckon having the ramp down spoils any bus picture.

Jack Bauer

Quote from: Martin on June 29, 2009, 04:03:28 PM
382 has pulled into Narrabundah terminus the wrong way.

I've always wondered... I mean, the shelter is on that side after all, but it's not the way most drivers do it is it.  I think we had this discussion on the CTF once. Although I've seen a few drivers do it that way (as pictured), when I used to tag along we always swung wide into Tarana street and did it the other way like as most do.

I'd be interested to hear from our driver members - what way do you do it?

Bus 400

I have also been told that with the MAN & Scania's you have to enter Narrabundah Terminus a certain way or you have trouble getting out of there.

smitho

Quote from: Jack Bauer on June 29, 2009, 10:08:48 PM

I'd be interested to hear from our driver members - what way do you do it?

I do it the other way - ie swing wide in Tarana so that the bus ends up facing Woden direction....easy to do in the standards, but in the Scanias I have to do a sort of 3 point turn to avoid hitting the little fence.

Barry Drive

If you enter facing south, then there will be no trouble getting out as you just have to drive forward. That may be why the correct method is as smitho describes. I haven't done it in a Scania or Irisbus in a while, but it is possible to do it in one go.

As can be seen in the photos, both the fence and the kerb cop abuse from buses from time to time.