Some photos from Canberra (Includes USAF E-4B)

Started by Sir Pompously, February 24, 2008, 09:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Soem photos from this afternoon at the airport. Noticing at work the USAF E-4B (747-200B) was still parked over at the hanger, I got out my camera afterwards and quickly got a few shots of some aircraft wandering around but having a lovely cold I decided not to stay out for too long.

'Currawong' VH-TJU a Boeing 737-476 is on finals at Canberra and is close to Touchdown

VH-VBO 'Tropical Temptress' a Boeing 737-700 of Virgin Blue is heading out towards the runway in the afternoon light. You can even see the patch work where the Eyebrow Windows have been removed above the cockpit

VH-VBO 'Tropical Temptress' a Boeing 737-700 is taxiing to the runway in the afternoon sunshine

A United States of America Air Force aircraft carrying an important US Government official is resting at the RAAF hanger. This is a Boeing E-4B (Boeing 747-200B) and is registered 73-1677

O305

Awesome shot of the 737 landing, nice and sharp with great lighting!!

If only I had the sorts of lenses you have :-[

Busnerd

The U.S. government planes really need a new, more exciting livery!

Sir Pompously

Well, AF1 and Backup (Cannot remember their official coding) have the Blue, White and Chrome scheme which looks rather smashing on the old girls. That livery is also applied to their 757 and 737 varient aircraft that normally move the high ranking Members of Congress and Ministers around. The plain white and blue stripe is certainly not as orgasmic as the others, but I suppose it will be retired soon anyway!

Irisbus Rider

If pieces of metal are orgasmic, help would be suggested.....

Sir Pompously

Oh John, when you see an S Set you go all gooey over it as if it had given you flowers and chocolates on Valentines Day. So Excuuussseeee Me if I believe a peice of metal is Oragasmic

Jack Bauer

Wasn't the US Defence Secretary in town...it must have been him.

Sir Pompously

Thats the one (Robert Gates is the current Secretary of Defense).

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Todd Milton on February 25, 2008, 01:26:49 PM
Oh John, when you see an S Set you go all gooey over it as if it had given you flowers and chocolates on Valentines Day. So Excuuussseeee Me if I believe a peice of metal is Oragasmic
Pffffft.

Yeah, apparently he was seen on Canberra Av cutting cars off......bloody yanks.