JR Nozomi 500 trains now on all stations services

Started by Sir Pompously, April 10, 2008, 10:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

I have heard the news I have been dreading for a long time, but the first 500 series Shinkansen set has now been downgraded and placed onto Kodama all station services. This is one of the fastest trains on the network and the best looking with a needle pointed nose. Only 9 sets were built, and this is the most expensive train to build to date on the JR network. Only 5 sets will be shortened and placed on Kodama services.

Busnerd

I to have been dreading the news..this is terrible..

Sir Pompously

lol, How's about a good dose of stfu Mat? The reason it is not good is this is a flagship train, it is one of the Fastest in Japan and looks the best of all the Shinkansens out there. For it to be shoved onto something which the older 0/100 series trains have been on for years really annoys me. Only 2 sets will be left on Nozomi services at this stage as I said. The benefit to this though is that I can now travel on the 500 series without paying a surcharge to travel on the Faster service, instead you just pay the Super Express surcharge.

Busnerd

wow that one actually looks good and not like a shoe..

with the size of asians, im assuming this train is a quad decker?

Buzz Killington

i believe you can fit a larger number of asians if you lay them on their stomach and stack them

Busnerd