BUS-378 at Geoscience Australia

Started by Sir Pompously, May 26, 2009, 08:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Here are some images from today of BUS-378.

Showing Redex on the desto here, It has three scrolls.

1. Redex #
2. Limited Stops (Small, over two lines)
3. (Destination)

Buzz Killington

great photos!

the redex desto looks a bit strange, why is it centred like that? Seems to me they've decided to use what some might say is an inferior destination programming!

Sir Pompously

Indeed. The Limited Stops is way too small, over two lines and the whole lot of the Redex desto's are not programmed well. The whole lot of these desto's provide very little information, and are just not as well made as what I would have anticipated. Unlike someone we know who's destos are far superior!

Buzz Killington

And when you say "the whole lot of these destos".... how many are there? what info do they actually give?

I suspect that ACTION expect that they can get away with "Expresso" "via Russell Barton" and have everyone expect to know what that means.

Bus 400

I am wondering what code do you put in the desto machine, to get that Redex 2 on the desto?

Sir Pompously

Most of them are just:

Number    Final Destination

There are no real extra's, no other information about where the bus travels through. Major shopping points, town centres, the main places where commuters always ask 'Does this bus go to ... Shops?'. Things like 'Tuggeranong' or 'Dunlop Loop' don't really help commuters. The Xpresso's are normally the one's with the extra info, and I will say that the 170 I saw yesterday which was a MAN had:

170       Xpresso
170       Monash
            Woden

Buzz Killington

hmm, time to start a destos thread methinks.