ACTION Timetables Soon Available on Google Maps

Started by Bus 400, June 01, 2009, 01:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

The RiotACT has pointed out a line in The Age newspaper.

Quote from: The RiotACT
Google maps soon to be packing ACTION timetables.
The Age is running a throw away line about Google Maps intentions to include ACTION information and timetables soon.
"Google used the event to announce that it would add timetable information for Sydney's light rail and monorail network, and Canberra's bus network"
[ED - Hooray! If this works as advertised on the iPhone I'll start catching the bus more!]
http://the-riotact.com/?p=12305

Irisbus Rider

Metro Tas have been doing it for about a year and a half now. Not that flash IMO, much prefer the Transit Graphics maps, or one better the UBD photocopy with the route map in texta!

Bus 400

It will be all right if we copy Transperth's Google version. As you can then plan your trip

Barry Drive

Conversation with ACT Transport Minister Simon Corbell on twitter:

@actbusspotter (20 May):

Hey @SimonCorbell, currently in Adelaide and using the Google Maps Transit information. Very handy feature to obtain instant bus timetable..

... remind me again @SimonCorbell why ACTION timetables are not available on Google Maps. It would help encourage bus travel.

@SimonCorbell (20 May):

@ACTbusspotter as the new minister I will look into it and let you know

@ACTbusspotter I expect progress and an announcement on this issue soon. Stay tuned

Bus 400

For those who aren't aware, you can now use Google Maps to plan your ACTION bus trip.