Riding on the Plains - ACTION and Others near Isabella Plains

Started by Sir Pompously, August 17, 2009, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

While working on the Shelter project, I rode from my house in Monash into Isabella Plains up and down Ellerston Ave, and then onto Ashley Drive.

After getting accosted by some locals for 'hanging around' with camera around neck, before kindly informing them of my interest and a link to this site (They were happy after that), getting beeped constantly, had a Hungry Jacks Thickshake thrown at me (Like always, missed me!), and wasted 15 minutes for a dart that did not show up until I left the spot, I present to you some photos from the day.

BUS-884 a Renault/MACK PR100.2 is seen on Ellerston Ave, Isabella Plains operating a 65 to Tuggeranong Interchange

Cooma Coaches TV2359 a Scania K113TRB with an NCBC body is seen heading down Ashley Drive in the ACT

BUS-153 a Dennis Dart SLF Midi Bus is seen heading to Calwell on Ashley Drive

A Blue Bus Stop sign at Stop 16 on Ellerston Ave

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Sir Pompously on August 17, 2009, 02:54:28 PM
While working on the Shelter project, I rode from my house in Monash into Isabella Plains up and down Ellerston Ave, and then onto Ashley Drive.

After getting accosted by some locals for 'hanging around' with camera around neck, before kindly informing them of my interest and a link to this site (They were happy after that), getting beeped constantly, had a Hungry Jacks Thickshake thrown at me (Like always, missed me!), and wasted 15 minutes for a dart that did not show up until I left the spot, I present to you some photos from the day.
From all of my years cycling around Belconnen, I've never encountered that sort of behaviour........interesting.

Nice photos.

Snorzac

Gee, stupid bogans!

Mod Edit - Save it for the proper thread, sport

bubzie

On behalf of my postcode, Sorry.
We'll aim harder next time. >:D

Sir Pompously

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on August 17, 2009, 03:01:36 PM
From all of my years cycling around Belconnen, I've never encountered that sort of behaviour........interesting.

Nice photos.

lol, Shockingly I have had things thrown at me in almost every district in the ACT. Water Bottles, Drinks, food and all miss because they throw it when they pass me, so it always lands infront (They are so smart, ha ha ha ha haaaa). Just bored teens with nothing better to do. It also does not help when you sit still, if you ride there is no problem. But sitting still, you are as they say 'A Sitting duck'.

Buzz Killington

Probably a fair call from the locals, given the proximity to the schools. But a rational explanation and a link/folder of work usually reassures most decent people.

As for the thickshakes throwing thickshakes, that's pretty normal.

Nice photos though, like the old bus stop sign, looking a bit peeled though.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Sir Pompously on August 17, 2009, 03:57:16 PM
lol, Shockingly I have had things thrown at me in almost every district in the ACT. Water Bottles, Drinks, food and all miss because they throw it when they pass me, so it always lands infront (They are so smart, ha ha ha ha haaaa). Just bored teens with nothing better to do. It also does not help when you sit still, if you ride there is no problem. But sitting still, you are as they say 'A Sitting duck'.
Like I said, I've never experienced this, how very odd.

Perhaps, Todd, you were exposing some flesh where you shouldn't have been :P
Taxi anyone?