Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Entered Service||2 August 1974|
|Removed from Service||August 1976|
|Desto Equipment||Roller blind|
|VIN||NFM 2BJ J401377|
|Body||Pressed Metal Corporation Sydney|
|Gallery Album||Bus 231|
Bus 231 was a Bedford SB3
- Bus 231 was a stock unit purchased from Sydney dealer Suttons Motors Pty Ltd at time of 1974 vehicle shortage.
- It was first registered on 29 July 1974.
- After being withdrawn from service, Bus 231 was hired to ACT Police.
- In October 1976, 231 was transferred to the Special Duty Fleet, re-registered as ZID-612 and hired to the ACT Health Service in a new blue and white livery.
- It was later sighted in Jindabyne as MO5310 owned by Innes Williams, operating a Ingebyra to Jindabyne school run.
- In 1990, it was purchased by YMCA Canberra and repurposed as a "Night Bus".<ref>Night bus to cruise Canberra's 'street kid' venues – Canberra Times via Trove (17 Jun 1990)</ref>