Interline-Where old ACTION Buses go to Retire 1/2

Started by Snorzac, September 29, 2010, 10:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Here a some photos of the Buses at the Interline depot.

First up you see withdrawn Mercedes O305 #48. In it's ACTION days it was fleet numbered 664. By the end of the day it had a broken front wind screen (we were trying to get it for spares), no corner windows, no dash as well as other parts.

Couldn't get back enough to get a full shot of this one, withdrawn unit #29 is awaiting scrapping, in it's ACTION days it was 794.

The front, no number rolls at the end of the day, this bus was also the donor for the side desto box.

Inside the bus.

The dash of old 794.

A view of the Interline yard, I wouldn't be able to tell you the former fleet numbers of the Reaults but there is more pics later.

Three Renaults together. 25 is ex 690, 33 is ex 828 and 34 is ex 691

Over the next few shots we will look into #28 which is ex ACTION 798, it has had a full refurb and looks very nice.

First thing you will notice is the Mobitec desto

A different interior, I think it looks great!

More coming soon!

Busnerd

798 looks so good with all those refurbished seats!

Im still wondering why ACTION ever sold that bus, considering there are still plenty of older one's in service :( and 798 WAS the one with the plaque inside it...at least its getting treatment it deserves now, I kinda wish action would recover the renault seats with the Scania/MAN fabric!

smitho

Yeah, those recovered seats look great. Good photos Zac - looks like you had a good time up there.

Buzz Killington

That seat covering has grown on me since I first saw it.

The way that batch of Renaults were sold suggests that ACTION hand-picked those for a reason (one or two from each batch of ten buses from 75# to 83#) - possibly not as reliable as their sister units that stayed here.

From memory they ditched 675-686 first, then the random batch, then went back for the rest of the 600's, now they've gone back to doing them in fleet number order