ACTION Buses has once more received funding over several years to continue its fleet replacement program, with ninety new buses heading the list of budget announcements made today.
Key funding includes:
- $48.527m for 90 new buses (13 in 2012-13, 19 in 2013-14, 19 in 2014-15, 19 in 2015-16 and 20 in 2016-17)
- $3m for the construction of bus priority measures in Bruce between the intersections at College and Cooinda Streets and Haydon Drive/Battye Street.
- $1.5m for the construction of a major bus station on National Circuit, between Kings Avenue and Bligh Street, providing a centralised location for commuters traveling to or from the Parliamentary Triangle
- $0.35m for the design of a major bus station to be located at the Erindale Centre in Wanniassa to provide an enhanced connection point for rapid bus services between Tuggeranong and Woden.
- $0.25m for the design of improved bus stops on Southern Cross Drive and improved bus terminii at Kippax and Charnwood shops to improve service efficiency.
- $4.5m for upgrades to bus stops to ensure compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
- $0.1m for the purchase of ten new MyWay Agent Terminals to provide more recharge points for commuters.
In addition to these funding announcements for the bus network, a number of design studies have been funded to improve the road network, including:
- Duplicating Gundaroo Dr between Mirrabei Drive and the Barton Highway
- Duplicating Cotter Rd between Yarralumla Creek and Tuggeranong Parkway
- Duplicating William Slim Drive (full length)
- Upgrading intersections of Katherine and Mapleton Avenues with Horse Park Drive
Discuss this topic at ACT Bus Forum.
This page was last updated on 5 June 2012