BUS 490 (3)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Entered Service||1 February 2016|
|Removed from Service||27 June 2016|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body Date||Jan 2014|
|Climate Control||ThermoKing X1000-1004|
|Gallery Album||Bus 490|
|* BUS 490 (1)||– MAN SL200|
|* BUS 490 (2)||– Scania K230UB (CNG) demonstrator|
|* BUS 490 (4)||– Yutong ZK6131HG1 (Electric) demonstrator|
Bus 490 was a Scania K280UB 4x2 (Euro V plus EEV) bus, which was leased from Scania Australia.
- Bus 490 was delivered to Belconnen Depot on 14 December 2015 with Victoria registration 1AP-8ZM
- From July 2014, it operated as an Evaluation Bus for Scania Australia
- This vehicle operated for Punchbowl Bus Co (NSW) between July and September 2015
- It has previously been registered as (NSW) BZ-27-RE
- This vehicle is presented in the standard Transport NSW blue-and-white livery, other than the front which has the ACTION green/orange/white CB80 livery.
- It was registered as (ACT) BUS 490 in January 2016.
- Bus 490 features a shorter wheelbase than the Scania K320UBs in service with ACTION. It is approximately 11.5m in length and seats 45.
- During its time at ACTION, 490 was the only bus the fleet without a luggage rack.
- It was leased as a replacement for Bus 300 which was withdrawn in August 2015 after an engine-bay fire.
- Bus 490 was returned to Scania Australia in June/July 2016.