Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Entered Service||February 1994|
|Removed from Service||24 June 2014|
|Desto Equipment||STC Cannon|
|Body||Austral Denning "Starliner"|
|Body Date||Feb 1994|
|Gallery Album||Bus 990|
Bus 990 was a Renault PR100.3
- Bus 990 was the second Natural Gas powered Renault PR100.3 delivered to ACTION (BUS 991 being the first).
- Its engine was a Renault diesel engine converted to run on CNG by Transcom Engine Corporation. It was later modified using CNG cylinder heads supplied by Renault.
- During 2007, 990 and sister unit 991 were withdrawn from service at Tuggeranong Depot for conversion to operate on diesel. This resulted in the removal of the roof mounted gas cylinders and pods, although a lower internal ceiling line remained.
- Once the conversion to diesel was complete it was transferred to Belconnen Depot.
- Bus 990 was fitted with a Sportworks DL2 bike rack on 27 September 2011.
- It was sent to Access Recycling for scrapping in August 2014.
NGV Natural Gas an Alternative Fuel - dates unknown [Painted]
- Purple and Green (with white clouds) with "This bus run on Compressed Natural Gas" above the windows and "Natural Gas..an alternative fuel" written along it
- Also on 991
AGL Natural Gas - unknown to 2007
- Blue with clouds, and three large clouds in the shape of the AGL Australia-Flame-Light Globe logo with writing "This Bus is Powered by AGL Natural Gas for a cleaner environment" followed by the AGL logo on all sides
- Also on 991
"Aboriginal Reconiliation" - 2007 to withdrawal [Vinyl wrap]
- A Multi coloured Indigenous artwork