Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Entered Service||2 July 1993|
|Removed from Service||~16 July 2014|
|Desto Equipment||STC Cannon|
|Body||Austral Denning "Starliner"|
|Body Date||Jun 1993|
|Gallery Album||Bus 991|
Bus 991 was a Renault PR100.3
- Bus 991 was ACTION's first PR100.3 and their first Natural Gas-powered bus.
- Its engine was a Renault diesel converted to run on CNG by Transcom Engine Corporation. It was later modified using CNG cylinder heads supplied by Renault.
- In 1993, Bus 991 travelled to Canada to feature in the World Natural Gas Vehicle Conference.
- During 2007, 991 and sister unit BUS 990 were withdrawn from service at Tuggeranong Depot to have their natural gas systems removed and undergo conversion to run on diesel. This also required the removal of the roof mounted gas cylinders and pods, and repainting into corporate livery.
- Once the conversion to diesel was complete it was transferred to Belconnen Depot.
- Bus 991 was fitted with a Sportworks DL2 bike rack on 28 September 2011.
- YouTube videos featuring this bus are no longer available.
- Bus 991 was removed from storage at Woden Depot in December 2016 and is now owned by Sid Fogg's, Newcastle (rego TV-7060).
Special Livery / All Over Advertising
NGV - Natural Gas an Alternative Fuel – dates unknown [Painted]
- Purple and Green (with white clouds) with "This bus run on Compressed Natural Gas" above the windows and "Natural Gas..an alternative fuel" written along it
- Also on 990
AGL Natural Gas – unknown to November 2007 [Painted]
- Blue with clouds, and three large clouds in the shape of the AGL Australia-Flame-Light Globe logo with writing "This Bus is Powered by AGL Natural Gas for a cleaner environment" followed by the AGL logo on all sides
- Also on 990
Westfield Belconnen – 28 March 2011 to 5 April 2012 [Vinyl wrap]
- White with "A Beautiful New Belconnen" slogan
|Jul 2014||Belconnen||Woden||Pending disposal|
|Owner/Operator||Location||Registration||Fleet #||Date From||Date To|
|Sid Fogg's Coachlines||Fullerton Cove NSW||TV-7060||Dec 2016||current|