BUS 490 (4)
|Entered Service||20 March 2020|
|Removed from Service||25 January 2021|
|Desto Equipment||Hanover LED|
|Body Date||Sep 2019|
|Bike Rack||Sportworks DL2 (black handle)|
|Fuel||Pure Electric (plug-in)|
|Gallery Album||Bus 490|
|* BUS 490 (1)||– MAN SL200|
|* BUS 490 (2)||– Scania K230UB (CNG) field trial bus|
|* BUS 490 (3)||– Scania K280UB|
Bus 490 was a Yutong ZK6131HG1 100% electric evaluation bus.
- Bus 490 was delivered to Tuggeranong Depot on 8 November 2019 with NSW registration M/O 6966.
- This bus was delivered in an all white livery, but was wrapped with a special livery wrap prior to entering service. The front of the bus remained in its original white livery.
- Bus 490 was displayed at the Melbourne bus maintenance conference 1 - 2 October 2019.
- Bus 490 was launched to the media on 11 November 2019.
- Between 11 - 13 November 2019, Bus 490 was used to transport delegates of the UITP Asia Pacific Conference (held in Canberra).
- Bus 490 (and depot charging equipment) were leased from Electromotiv Pty Ltd for 12 months commencing 5 December 2019, costing $122,000 (refer: ACT Contract Register)
- This vehicle was registered as (ACT) BUS 490 on 16 December 2019. It was deregistered in February 2021.
"Zero Emissions" (Transport Canberra) – 13 December 2019 to 25 January 2021
- Transport Canberra-style blue and grey livery sides and rear with slogan "I'm a ZERO EMISSIONS fully electric bus"; front is not wrapped.
Canberra's new 100% electric bus has hit the road - Chris Steel MLA - Facebook video
BUS490 - Yutong ZK6131HG1 (3:04) - YouTube
- New Yutong electric bus to be trialled in Canberra over next 12-months ($) - The Canberra Times
- Electric bus to join Transport Canberra fleet - ACT Government Media Release
Power: single electric traction motor. Rated power 215 kW (288 HP), peak power 350 kW (469 HP); rated torque 1200 NM
Energy storage: Lithium Iron Phosphate battery. Capacity: 374 kWh
Tyres: 295/80 R22.5
Seats: 7 single flip-up seats in wheelchair bays
Tare mass: 13,340 kg
Dimensions: Length: 12,170 mm; Width: 2,500 mm; Height: 3,420 mm
Passenger capacity: 40 seated, 17 standing
Bus stop signal system: Prima wired push buttons with wheelchair signal