Bus 003 was a replica tram bus built in May 1992 by Howard Porter Pty Ltd of Fremantle, WA.
The body is built on the chassis of a Mitsubishi Fuso Fighter FK417. It was the third such bus built for ACTION and it featured several modifications from the first two buses delivered including an imitation trolley pole on the roof and a driver’s side door.
The tram buses primarily operated the “Downtowner” inner city loop – a free service which operated during weekdays linking City East and City West. The buses were also available for hire and have been used for weddings and special events.
All three tram buses were sold in July 1998 to Mountainlink (Katoomba, NSW) following the cessation of the Downtowner service.
- Engine: Mitsubishi 6D16-1A six-cylinder inline direct injection, naturally aspirated, front mounted
- Swept volume: 7.545 litres
- Power: 127kW at 2900rpm
- Max Torque: 477 Nm at 1400rpm
- Transmission: Allison AT545 four speed automatic
- Wheelbase: 3750mm
- Overall Length: 6.45m
- Ground Clearance: 190mm
- Tare Weight: 5720kg
- Bus 003 in ACT Bus Fleetwiki
- Fuso Fighter FK417 specifications on ACT Bus
- “Downtowner” article on ACT Bus
This page was last updated on 9 May 2022